JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to move photos and Gifs

(Topic created: 09-07-2023 08:23 AM)
oldgoat
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Hello everyone I have a question for you. 
How do I move photos and Gifs to my SD CARD. Most of them were in the galaxy gallery, and not in Google photos. I have a galaxy A03s.I had to delete everything thing in the gallery to free up space, was at 92% now I'm at 86%. Moved apps that could be moved to SD. Also can you recommend a good app that will help me with cleaning the cache and data, and what apps can be moved.

Thanks for your time 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
As far as Photos go, the easiest way I have found is going into Files> (it's in the Samsung Folder for me) selecting Images > Selecting all > Clicking Move at the bottom (then folders appear at the top. Click on the location and SD card should appear click that and then click "Move Here".

View solution in context

8 Replies
Solution
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
As far as Photos go, the easiest way I have found is going into Files> (it's in the Samsung Folder for me) selecting Images > Selecting all > Clicking Move at the bottom (then folders appear at the top. Click on the location and SD card should appear click that and then click "Move Here".
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Here's a screenshot of it. - It's "My Files" not just Files. Screenshot_20230907_103900_One UI Home.jpg
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@oldgoat It is very easy to move these using Samsung's My Files. It should already be on your phone. 

To move your photos to an SD card.

1. Ensure that your SD card is installed.
  2. Open My Files
  3. Click on Internal storage
  4. Click on DCIM
  5. You can select everything here or you can click on Camera and select everything there. 
  6.  You select items by long pressing on one of them. Then you can select all of the items that you want to move. 
  7. At the bottom left, click on Move.
  8. Now go to the top left of the screen and click the < icon. You may have to click this a couple of times to get back to the top level where you started when you opened My Files.
  9. Click on your SD card.
  10. If you want them in a folder, click on the folder to open that folder. 
  11. Once you get to the location where you want the photos placed, click Move here in lower right of your screen. 
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Makes me feel good when an Ambassador and I have the same suggestion/method.
oldgoat
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thanks guys I will give it a shot and then give you an update
0 Likes
oldgoat
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
@Kdrewh it worked had to tap the 3 dots then edit it was easy just like you said. Is 85% normal storage with the system and pre-installed apps, I would like to get it to 80%. Can I delete the pre-installed apps I don't need. Thanks again for your help
0 Likes
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Many will let you uninstall others may just let you revert back to older versions. I always hold down on the app, and then try to uninstall. Some phones don't have much "bloatware" but others (especially carrier versions) come with plenty.
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Also, if you don't mind to click the 3 dots beside my original suggestion and then click "accept as solution" I'd be grateful.