JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I am getting annoying texts from samsung messenger. How do i stop them?

(Topic created: 04-03-2024 02:15 PM)
userZy4cZKOMrM
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I am using google messenger but get annoying texts from samsung messenger.  When i open the message it sends me to a site that has a lot of other apps. I have no interest in using samsung messenger and need to stop the messages.  How do i do that?

1 Reply
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

why are you opening the texts?  It sounds as if you are getting spoof text purporting to be from Samsung.  I have never, in my entire history of using Samsung phones,  ever gotten an unsolicited text from Samsung.  There are a couple of things you can try:

1. Go to your Samsung Account and make sure you did not give permission to receive marketing messages by text.  If you did, turn that off.

2. If they are not actually coming from Samsung (and even if they are and you don't want them), block them in Google Messages.  They will go right to the spam and block folder, and you will never see them or hear the notification.  You can block them by long pressing the message in your inbox.  And when the menu bar comes up on top, click the circle with the line through it on the far right next to the three dot menu.  This marks it as blocked, and all future messages will go to the blocked folder.

0 Likes