Original topic:

Is there a feature on the Galaxy A15 comparable to "SIRI" on apple?

(Topic created: Monday)
Emptybucket
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Maybe a dumb question but I'm still asking it. My first "smart" phone after years of using a flip phone was an iPhone, and although Apple is not on top of my list of preferred companies and their products are no better or worse than any others, they do have 1 thing that i would like to have on my Samsung phone. Siri. I used siri all the time, for everything. So here's the question, is there a siri for Samsung? Google assistant is not even close, voice control is even more difficult and less helpful. I have tried searching the Google app store whatever it's called for Siri for android, but haven't found anything comparable, yet. 

Is there anything that is comparable that I can use on this galaxy a15 or whatever its called? Or even additional downloads to add to the functions of the assistant? Or maybe even some way of getting siri herself to work on a Samsung? Just curious because it has been a pain learning how to type and swipe and click and double tap instead of just sayin hey siri set my alarm, hey siri call Grandma, hey Siri turn on my flashlight, hey Siri delete my browser history. Hey Siri find directions to waffle house. Hey siri play some music hey siri restart the phone, etc. 

0 Likes
10 Replies
Carlos_Glez
Asteroid
Options
I recently change my iPhone 15 Pro Max for a Galaxy S24 Ultra and i had the same issue.
Samsung has its own assistant called Bixby to activate it on settings>advance features>Bixby
It works perfectly like Siri
Emptybucket
Asteroid
Options
Bixby? Never heard of it, and I just searched for it in settings and found nothing, are you serious about this?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

It's there, search again.  I don't have my phone turned on right now to check where it is exactly (try accessibility), because it's "curing" from an oleophobic recoating.  I'll look later if you don't find it, or someone else doesn't tell you. Looking at my old S10, which DOES NOT have the latest settings updates, if you search for Bixby, you will find it.  Multiple settings for multiple uses.

Screenshot_20241001_152635_Settings Suggestions.jpg

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
The search results are exactly the same on the updated Android/oneUI version. The app itself can be found in the pre-formed Samsung folder in the app drawer, or you can search there too.
0 Likes
Emptybucket
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
This is what it shows when I go to settings and type "bixby" in the search bar.1727870808825.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

What phone do you have? I think there's only one model that doesn't have it, and yours may be it.

0 Likes
Emptybucket
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Galaxy A15 5G
SM-A156U
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yeah, I believe that's the one. It's a very basic model with almost no frills.
0 Likes
Options
Siri is for iphone only i dont know why you think google assistant does not get close to siri.
In android every manufacture has its own things.
Coming to android is a learning curve.
No, your question is not dumb
0 Likes