JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Looking to find a good affordable phone for a friend, Is the Galaxy A14 5G good?

(Topic created: 05-11-2024 03:52 PM)
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I'm gonna go out on a limb here so don't reply with stupid stuff.

I'm trying to find a phone for a friend that I can afford and doesn't have alot of issues. 
I've read the A14 64GB 5G is a good value for the money and I've read the negative stuff about poor speaker quality and haven't seen alot of real criticism in most areas.
Anybody here have the A14 and can offer guidance, Should/Should not get, etc. ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
3Fees
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
A15 5G 6GB ram, 128GB rom, the A15 gets more updates in the future than A14. A14 has Dimensity 700, yr 2020, A15 Dimensity 6100+, yr 2023

Cheers
3Fees

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
joeschmo19
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Typing this on an A14 rn. Its a good phone, as long as you get a good case, screen protector, and a micro SD for when you inevitably run out of data. I have never needed to use the speaker, but the quality is passable. It even has a 3.5mm jack, which is suprisingly useful. The main issue is, you are going to need the case with the plastic body and no dust/water protection rating. If you dont want a flagship phone but need the basics, this is a strong contender.
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thank you for such a good reply. I'll keep looking and comparing but I'm leaning toward this one as a good value for a friend. Every single phone from the beginning till now has issues but as long as the goal of affordability and lifespan and basic use I think I'll go with it. Thanks again.
Solution
3Fees
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
A15 5G 6GB ram, 128GB rom, the A15 gets more updates in the future than A14. A14 has Dimensity 700, yr 2020, A15 Dimensity 6100+, yr 2023

Cheers
3Fees

0 Likes
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thanks for the response. My philosophy is that I'd rather pay a little more for something good than less for something bad.
Honestly though the "Low to Mid" price ranges are basically just that; Cheap.
I also have looked at the A15 among others. Still looking for the one that fits the most check boxes.
Thanks again.
3Fees
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
The A15 5G is a budget model. It's also the phone Samsung has sold the most of, the sales leader. It starts at Android 14 and gets 4 full Android updates with 5 yrs of security updates. You can pay a lot more for added features like 4K 30/60 fps, 8K, Zoom lens, wifi 6e, wifi 7, and so forth. There is A series and the S series mostly, it all depends on what features you want and want to spend on these.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes