Original topic:

My Samsung A54 5G asking for a mysterious 4 digit PIN after updating to newest 6.1 update

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
harujima
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello! 

I'm panicking and angry at the Samsung company for failing their products once again. šŸ™‚

I updated my Samsung Galaxy A54 5G to the newest update 6.1. After restarting my phone, it requires mysterious 4 digit PIN that I never ever had. This issue also is for the first time ever. 

I tried all possible passwords, nothing helps. You see, this is not lock screen PIN, but a bug or something. I can't restart or turn off the phone, it won't let me, unless is use volume down and power button, but still, it shows the same thing - PIN required after restart. 

I can't even hard reset my phone. I tried literally everything and I'm so angry that I will (probably) pay for their mistake. NEVER buy another Samsung phone!!!

22 Replies
Twistedp
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I could be wrong here, but have you ever used samsung find my phone I do remember that you could erase your pin code for your phone through there in case you have forgotten it. also another feature on there is that you could create another pin for you phone giving you two pin codes that you would have to use to open the phone in case stolen.
harujima
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

1) I don't even have an option to erase/unlock the phone, just ''lock''

2) I tried to create another pin, which worked, but it still needs that **bleep** 4 digit **bleep** šŸ˜ž It doesn't let me anywhere on that phone.. 

0 Likes
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You can just reset your phone from recovery mode. if you know your Google account password.
0 Likes
harujima
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Like, resetting from google account? I did it and nothing worked. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

You can force a restart of your phone by holding down the volume up key and side (power) key. Hold those down until the phone restarts and you see the Samsung Logo and then let go.  It will boot to recovery mode.  Use the volume down key to scroll to reset and then click the side key to OK.  The phone will then erase and reboot with no security enabled.  You can then log into your Google and Samsung Accounts and restore your backup.

It is strange that it's looking for a pin if you never had one.  When you set up your phone security did you perhaps create a pin as well as another method (i.e. biometrics) to unlock your phone?  If you did, it's possible it wants that pin to verify it's you.  Some people do set a pin and forget they did it, because they usually unlock their phone via another method.  Be aware that entering the wrong pin too many times in succession will completely lock your phone and make it unusable no matter what you do.

I use a password - never set a pin and every time the phone reboots or updates, I need to enter the password for update to complete.  I unlock my phone normally with a fingerprint, but at times it still requires the password.

0 Likes
harujima
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I did the volume up and power button - nothing happens at all. I have to accept the fact, that I can throw this phone into the trash can. I had many phones and never had such an issue.

I did, in fact, used fingerprint. I could use my own PIN which was 10 digits long or fingerprint. I never used 4 digit PIN ever in my life. It can't be turned off unless I enter those digits. I read other forums and they said that they had the same issue after updates. Some people never had any PINS in their life, but still is asked to. Honestly, I'm sad that Samsung creates **bleep** that some of us can't even solve. 

I don't understand why I can't reset factory at all, this is too weird for me. AND it won't allow me to try more PINS, like, it says "Try again after 2 hours''.. bruh..

0 Likes
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
While the device is powered off, simultaneously press and hold the power and volume up buttons when the logo release the volume up button.
0 Likes
harujima
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Doesn't work

0 Likes
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It should work I did it and it went to recovery mode.
Even I have the same phone as you.
0 Likes