Original topic:

My Samsung A54 5G asking for a mysterious 4 digit PIN after updating to newest 6.1 update

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
harujima
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello! 

I'm panicking and angry at the Samsung company for failing their products once again. šŸ™‚

I updated my Samsung Galaxy A54 5G to the newest update 6.1. After restarting my phone, it requires mysterious 4 digit PIN that I never ever had. This issue also is for the first time ever. 

I tried all possible passwords, nothing helps. You see, this is not lock screen PIN, but a bug or something. I can't restart or turn off the phone, it won't let me, unless is use volume down and power button, but still, it shows the same thing - PIN required after restart. 

I can't even hard reset my phone. I tried literally everything and I'm so angry that I will (probably) pay for their mistake. NEVER buy another Samsung phone!!!

harujima
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Still nothing. As I said, I tried everything. 

0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You can factory reset by holding down volume up and power until it restarts. Youll see the screen Have red and blue lettering. Using up or down volume, goto factory reset and push power. Also, anytime the phone updates it always prompt you to enter the pin even if you have biometric on.
0 Likes
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You can reset it from Find my device.
0 Likes
harujima
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yes, and it didn't work. 

0 Likes
userHrZX6J7NwC
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I hate this app that's they sending me
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You can use the find apo to erase your phone's. Then you should be able to start it up and go through the recovery process. Unless you bricked it by continuously entering the wrong pin. The hard reboot should have worked unless you did not hold the buttons ling enough or too long. You have to release the buttons as soon as you see the Samsung logo.
0 Likes
harujima
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Absolutely no chance. Well, thank you guys anyway for your time. I will throw away this phone and but a new one from another company. I will no longer support Samsung and its forceful and useless updates. Have a great day y'all ;)))

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

If you are really going to throw it away anyway, you've got nothing to lose to try to erase it remotely.  You are going to have to do that anyway so no one else can recover your data. And, you just might actually fix it.

0 Likes
harujima
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

How can I even erase anything at all if my phone does not work and won't let me reboot/recover and etc. I will delete my Samsung account, change all my passwords and etc. Probably will give it to my well known senior who collects old phones for details. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You can erase it throuh smart things find, through google find or through your Samsung account.
0 Likes