Original topic:

My Samsung A54 5G asking for a mysterious 4 digit PIN after updating to newest 6.1 update

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
harujima
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello! 

I'm panicking and angry at the Samsung company for failing their products once again. šŸ™‚

I updated my Samsung Galaxy A54 5G to the newest update 6.1. After restarting my phone, it requires mysterious 4 digit PIN that I never ever had. This issue also is for the first time ever. 

I tried all possible passwords, nothing helps. You see, this is not lock screen PIN, but a bug or something. I can't restart or turn off the phone, it won't let me, unless is use volume down and power button, but still, it shows the same thing - PIN required after restart. 

I can't even hard reset my phone. I tried literally everything and I'm so angry that I will (probably) pay for their mistake. NEVER buy another Samsung phone!!!

22 Replies
harujima
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yes, will do. Thanks

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

If you do successfully erase it, you should be able to boot it up again and restore your backup. 

0 Likes
RanAllStar81
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I believe you misunderstood the steps to recover the device. For future reference, always watch a video to help you see exactly what you are trying to do. Don't get mad at the phone. It's literally trying to protect you if your phone was stolen by someone. You did what most do, set it up, and forgot you made a pin. Bear in mind the pin for this may not be the same code that you unlock with. It's only for Samsung find me. Hope you were able to calm down and figure it out.
0 Likes