JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New A53 to replace A20. Tech advises that Samsung apps corrupt the phone.

(Topic created: 01-21-2023 02:55 PM)
rogX
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I've been with Boost mobile for almost 3 years using a Galaxy A20 and never had a problem. Just bought a new Boost Galaxy A53 5g to upgrade to 5g. I know nothing about phones so had tech at Boost do the setup/activation and move my stuff from the A20 to the A53. I later learned that while I could receive calls and texts, I could not dial out on the A53. 

Returned to Boost to have the tech evaluate the problem which lead to 2 factory resets of the A53 and the final diagnosis that my Samsung account and my Google account were in conflict on the A53 after the data transfer causing a corruption somewhere that lead to the phone not working. The tech's final fix was to NOT move my apps/data from my A20 onto the A53 and was told to only use Google apps on the A53. I was told to never activate any Samsung apps or sign in to my Samsung account on the A53 because it would corrupt the system.

When I tried to access this site using my PC it kept telling me to logon using the code sent to my phone but I never got it on my A53. I finally dug out and fired up my old A20 and the code was there so I could log in. I don't understand why it went to my A20 and not my A53!

None of this makes sense to me as I don't understand why my Samsung account would corrupt a Samsung phone.

Any idea why my A20 works just fine with the same apps/data that causes the A53 to fail and any suggestions on a fix? (A53 is past the 7 day return time or that would fix it)

12 Replies
rogX
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Will Do. Thanks

0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Extremely bad tech support.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
So any account you're trying to access it needs to be signed in on your a53 I've had similar problems when I've gotten a new device and try to log in with PayPal Unless I call PayPal from the New device and authorize itIf not every time I tried to sign in or get a security code it would get sent to my old phone
0 Likes