JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Palm Swipe Screenshots trouble

(Topic created: Thursday)
owego
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Everytime I try to slide the side of my hand across the screen the picture moves and does not work And if I finally get it it stopped having the edit spot.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

When you swipe down from the top of your screen, there are certain quick controls, like take screen shot, screen record and other actions.  You have to give a second pull down from your notification area. Top line is usually the controls you would use most, like quickly turning on/off wi-fi, BT, airplane mode -- whichever you, personally, use most.  The panel can be rearranged, and icons can be hidden or shown (depending on which ones you find useful) by using the edit icon.

It saves you from having to go into an app or settings to do certain actions. 

View solution in context

10 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It's best to use the power button and volume down to take a screenshot less chance of anything moving.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
owego
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
They didn't work so I changed the setting and now I can't find it to change it back
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Try this
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00038721/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

If I have a really hard time with the palm swipe (I pretty much have it down to the right pressure now), I just pull down the quick panel and use the screenshot button.  The side buttons are a no-go for me, but it may be someone else's preference.

0 Likes
owego
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
What is the quick panel?
0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

When you swipe down from the top of your screen, there are certain quick controls, like take screen shot, screen record and other actions.  You have to give a second pull down from your notification area. Top line is usually the controls you would use most, like quickly turning on/off wi-fi, BT, airplane mode -- whichever you, personally, use most.  The panel can be rearranged, and icons can be hidden or shown (depending on which ones you find useful) by using the edit icon.

It saves you from having to go into an app or settings to do certain actions. 

owego
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thank you!
0 Likes
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
My experience with palm capture moving the screen is that I'm starting too far at the edge. Start in a little more on the screen it doesn't have to be the "full" edge to edge screen to capture.
0 Likes
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
In fact I start just to the left/right of center and move it about 2 inches and it gets it.
0 Likes