Original topic:

Red, then blue, light blinking? samsung galaxy s8

(Topic created: 09-12-2023 10:26 AM)
userz3bjNsdkQz
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hey all,

I recently switched my mom's old phone sim to my old galaxy s8 - it was perfectly fine when I had it aside from a slightly loose charging port. It was working fine with her sim and since me factory restarting it a few days ago, but this morning it just had a red notification light? Plugged it in, tried to hold down the power, the power and up/down volume, and noting. After a while of being plugged in the logo came up, the light color changed to blue and it pulses, and also won't turn on or show anything on the display. Also tried holding down power and down key as I've seen others do, but it hasn't done anything. Any ideas? Appreciate any thoughts!

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Do you have a wireless charger you can test to be sure? Based on the behavior of the device, it doesn't seem to be a port issue, but there is always that possibility lol. I recommend taking your phone to a Samsung authorized service center, like uBreakiFix, for further evaluation. They should be able to diagnose the problem at the very least (usually for free), and probably provide a solution as well.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
userz3bjNsdkQz
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Just tried both, and nothing! I've had it charging for like 2 hours. Idk what to do

VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Try unplugging it for about 5 minutes, reconnecting it, and then trying the power + volume up option again to get into Recovery Mode.
userz3bjNsdkQz
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Just tried that and no dice! I have no idea what the issue is. I can't imagine my wonky charging port is causing this? I know how to position it/lay it flat so that it can get charge. 

Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Do you have a wireless charger you can test to be sure? Based on the behavior of the device, it doesn't seem to be a port issue, but there is always that possibility lol. I recommend taking your phone to a Samsung authorized service center, like uBreakiFix, for further evaluation. They should be able to diagnose the problem at the very least (usually for free), and probably provide a solution as well.
0 Likes
userz3bjNsdkQz
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

No wireless 😕 I would try the power transfer thing from my current phone but since the s8 is off I can't enable it on that end lol? I could try that! It would likely mean just taking the sim back into my mom's old phone so she has a working one until I can do that. Appreciate the help! I'll keep trying the fixes throughout the day just in case. 

userz3bjNsdkQz
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

hey there! i went to a store and it did end up charging with a wireless. they're fixing the port for me tomorrow. thanks so much!

Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It's 6 soon to be 7 yrs old, power issues are usually because the battery has finally died and can't be charged anymore. You would need to replace the battery, call your nearest Ubreakifix store and ask if they will give your a price quote over the phone.