JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung A14 having problems being connected with 5g Network

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
sameergroot
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

My phone won't connect to the 5G network even though it can get full bars easily!

I've been facing the following issue with my Samsung A14 5G (Exynos 1330) ever since I got it.

I live in quite less saturated are and I have 5G coverage at my home with an average speed around 400 Mbps, which is quite nice and with full bars! 

5G is unlimited to use in India, so it's fun to play with it! But frustrating problems arise.

Whenever I try to download something, let's say a game of 2 GB from the Play Store, as soon as it has downloaded around 600 MB, it automatically disconnects from 5G and never reconnects! I try to force 5G using the advanced phone info tool, but selecting 'NR only' does nothing at all. The phone locks onto the 4G/LTE band and doesn't connect back. I try restarting the phone, resetting network settings, and turning airplane mode on and off, but nothing works. I have even reset my phone a couple of times thinking it would solve the problem, but it locks onto the 4G/LTE band and won't go to 5G even though it can really easily with full bars.

It takes about 50 minutes before it will connect to 5G automatically. But when I resume downloading my game, as soon as it downloads a few percent, it goes back to 4G/LTE!

My brother has a Moto G54 5G and is using the same carrier service as mine (Jio India). His phone never disconnects from 5G like mine does. He can download large movies and games so easily and quickly with 5G in the same area, and his phone doesn't disconnect like mine.

My dad has a Samsung M14 5G, and his phone has the exact same issue as mine. Even though the phone can connect to 5G with full bars and nice speed, it won't stay connected!

Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions

for this issue?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Thanks for reaching out. Support for US products is the focus of this forum. As your device is a non-US model information is severely limited. We kindly suggest that you use this link to look for a support team in the area your product was manufactured in: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocation.html

Additionally, if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the website for your region, you might discover that your nation provides its very own support forums, just like this one! Just look for the Community Option.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Thanks for reaching out. Support for US products is the focus of this forum. As your device is a non-US model information is severely limited. We kindly suggest that you use this link to look for a support team in the area your product was manufactured in: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocation.html

Additionally, if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the website for your region, you might discover that your nation provides its very own support forums, just like this one! Just look for the Community Option.

0 Likes