Original topic:

Samsung A21: How can I prevent phone from wiping numbers and photos on it?

(Topic created: Wednesday)
AlllllDone
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have a Samsung A21 that belonged to myself and my 'soon to be X'. I am wanting to use it and get off his plan altogether. He has hinted that he has it set up so the next time I connect to data or wifi, the phone will 'wipe' itself of all info. I have numbers and precious photos I don't want to loose! Is there a way to make the phone not wipe clean as hes hinting to???

5 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Your photos should all be backed up to Google photos. Check photos. Google.com. they will not be deleted in a wipe. You can move any important documents to a flash drive, they are cheap and you should get one. No data connection required. If you have a computer you can use smart switch to transfer your stuff to the computer. Again, no data involved. Move export your contact to a text file, but they should also have been automatically synced with google contacts. On a computer go to contacts.google.com if they are all there, they won't be wiped either.

If you were sharing one device that means you were sharing a Samsung and a Google account. Separate yourself from that immediately. Either change the passwords or start an account of your own. Depending on who has control of the account, so goes your photos and contacts. You can transfer your photos to a computer from either the phone or the google account in question.

In the future get your own phone and accounts. I don't care how much you love and trust someone, DON'T SHARE DEVICES OR PASSWORDS.

He's probably bluffing about the wipe, but do you know him to be savvy enough to set up something like that?

0 Likes
AlllllDone
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I did think of transfer, but the Google and Samsung accounts are attached to his email. I can tap to sign in but....needs to be connected in order to sign in. Urgh!!
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

If you have the phone in your possession, you can transfer the files in your DCIM folder to a computer using a USB cable.  If you can log into photos.google.com website from a computer, the phone does not need to be connected to wi-fi or data services to download your photos.  You can download them from the website directly to a computer. Only the computer has to be connected to a data source.  If you have no computer, but you have another device, such as a tablet or flash drive, you can move the files in your DCIM folder via USB cable to a tablet, or to a plugged in flash drive via file manager or to another phone via smart switch. No data connection necessary.

0 Likes
meself
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
May want to do a smart switch to backup what's on the phone but charging accounts I e Google and Samsung would not keep the same files or photos etc
0 Likes
AlllllDone
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
This is very helpful, thank you so much, everyone.
0 Likes