JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A14 5G "Security Update"

(Topic created: 03-21-2024 10:02 AM)
Nickname123456789
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Installed the most recent "security update" on my Galaxy A14 5G this morning, and afterwards I had 4 new mobile games installed without my permission. This is not the first time this has happened.

After contacting Samsung support, there appears to be no way to prevent this from happening. That is completely unacceptable. It should not be the user's responsibility to clear up the unwanted bloatware that's installed behind our backs under the guise of "security".

This is the type of scummy practice that will make people boycott an entire brand of products. I'm certainly considering that now unless this is addressed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@Nickname123456789 As a long user of Samsung unlocked devices, I can tell you that this is not from Samsung. This is done by some carriers to promote games or apps that they want their users to have. Often carriers allow you to opt out of these programs. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@Nickname123456789 As a long user of Samsung unlocked devices, I can tell you that this is not from Samsung. This is done by some carriers to promote games or apps that they want their users to have. Often carriers allow you to opt out of these programs. 

drizzydrake521
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thank you
Nickname123456789
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
In that case, my carrier lied directly to me in a different support conversation. I'll follow up with them to try and resolve it. Thank you!