JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I make a group chat instead of a mass text?

(Topic created: 03-15-2024 08:15 AM)
whaaaat111
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I keep making mass texts and I want to make a group chat in Samsung Messages. If it helps, I use a Samsung A53 5G.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AdeptMaven
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Are all users using phones (and apps) that are RCS compatible? If one of the users is using an app or phone that only supports sms, then it will be a mass text (mms) and not a group chat experience

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
AdeptMaven
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Are all users using phones (and apps) that are RCS compatible? If one of the users is using an app or phone that only supports sms, then it will be a mass text (mms) and not a group chat experience
whaaaat111
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
All I know is that they have Android phones, but thank you for the information!
0 Likes
AdeptMaven
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Sorry there's one more thing j should have mentioned that's probably your issue. make sure group messages is turned on in the samsung messages app.

Navigate to and open the Samsung Messages app. From the Conversations tab, tap More options (the three vertical dots).

Tap Settings, and then tap More settings.

Tap Multimedia messages, and then tap the switch next to Group conversation.

You can also find this setting by opening the desired group message and tapping More options (the three vertical dots). Then, tap the switch next to Group conversation.

0 Likes
WildChildWeaver
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
My Group Conversations is switched on but it's still showing as a Mass Text.
0 Likes
AdeptMaven
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It was already on or it was off but you switched it to on? If it's the latter you may have to create a new conversation for it to take effect.
0 Likes