JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Messages going away?

(Topic created: 06-10-2023 05:36 AM)
markiebeau
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I've read a few comments on this and would like to know if Samsung Messages will be permanently going away in favor of Google's because of the RCS thing?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Honestly, all Androids using Google messages helps keeps Androids better connected and keeps things working better texting-wise. Back when Androids were trying to use their own texting app things broke texting wish and feature-wise between Android texting. Samsung messages did eventually get RCS built into it but it wouldn't work sometimes when texting a different app that had RCS built into it. So I'm glad they are using Google Messages now.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Mebe83
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
From what I see online, I don't think it's going away anytime soon. But google messages will be the default messaging app on Samsung phones though.
0 Likes
Solution
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Honestly, all Androids using Google messages helps keeps Androids better connected and keeps things working better texting-wise. Back when Androids were trying to use their own texting app things broke texting wish and feature-wise between Android texting. Samsung messages did eventually get RCS built into it but it wouldn't work sometimes when texting a different app that had RCS built into it. So I'm glad they are using Google Messages now.
markiebeau
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Sounds good to me.
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
The reason Google Messages is being set as the default is because RCS Messaging is essentially a carrier thing and certain carriers like AT&T and TMobile only allow RCS Messaging via Google Messages and not Samsung Messages
markiebeau
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Mine goes back and forth.
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Samsung Messages is SMS/MMS texting (and RCS texting, if available with your carrier), via your carrier's network connection. SMS/MMS being the standard texting modality around the world.

Google Messages is RCS via the internet. Which has had a long and complicated history.

https://youtu.be/KHISpfh3e4M
Ronnieneeds
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
When I want to attach a file to message, I can't because file choice is not in the list after selecting the +
0 Likes
KrazyMex
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have a question...Do we have to use ALL Samsung applications in order for are phone to properly function?

I've had this device for 6mos now and I was hesitant at first. Even those it's only a 4g phone I was starting to like it. But for the last month, I'm having BIG problems at its with the Samsung applications.

Is there something we don't know...?
0 Likes