Original topic:

Samsung Notes: Inadvertently Pinned note to desktop.

(Topic created: Thursday)
JimD1050
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Hi Folks,

I was creating a new note in Samsung notes, but drawing a quick floorplan with my pen. I somehow hit the "pin" button by mistake and now an icon appears when the phone is in sleep mode. If I touch the icon, as grayed out version of my diagram appears. There appear to be icons to close and otherwise edit the file, but they are also grayed out and get no reaction when I tap or press them with pen nor finger. How do I unpin this PITA? Also, I cannot find it in any of my folders!!!

Thank you all in advance!

Jim D
13 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Long press on the note on your screen and click remove
0 Likes
JimD1050
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Nope... nothing happens with long press! As I said, there's an edit (pencil) icon, Two arrows pointing towards each other icon, and an exit (X) icon - entire screen seems to be greedy out. No buttons respond!
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Can you post a screen shot? Edit out any private info on the note.
0 Likes
JimD1050
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Screen is completely locked when the Note is up, all it will respond to is a double-tap. I had to snap a Pic w/wife's galaxy.20240718_123154_1000012263_1721320610.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

When I open a note, there is a menu item to add to with an arrow I can select to choose home screen or reminders. I don't see a pin anywhere (visible or hidden). This is what I get when added to home screen and then long press it. I only see the shrink arrows when I select full screen, but then shrinks back when I press it. Try as I might, I cannot duplicate your issue. It is possible you accidentally put it in full screen mode and, since it was a drawing, the processor hiccupped and stalled. Have you tried forcing a reboot to see if it's still there when powered up?1721321377201.jpg

If you force a reboot and clear the cache partition, it may go away.

0 Likes
JimD1050
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
No, and I should know better - I would normally do that before even asking the damned question - Duh! I'll let you know the results... I "clear cache" weekly and just haven't done it yet!
0 Likes
JimD1050
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
šŸ˜ Still there after "Clear Cache" and "Reboot"... #@$%&.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

still not responding either?

0 Likes
JimD1050
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Nope!