JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Switch (Phone-->PC Backup) not working - Update failed

(Topic created: 11-16-2023 03:19 AM)
Tony Wick
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have the latest PC version and Mobile version of Smart Switch.

When I connect PC and Mobile, the PC version says Smart Switch needs an update.  When I click ok, it reports "update failed" on the PC side.  This is preventing me from performing a backup.  Please advise?

Note - I've tried reinstalling both versions (PC & Mobile) and I get this error on two handsets - 22 Ultra and 23 Ultra - and on 2 different PCs, both running Windows 10.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

use Smart Switch to back up your phone to a SSD if you have one. otherwise, the "failure to update" message from your PC sounds like more of an issue with the PC and not Samsung.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Solution
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

use Smart Switch to back up your phone to a SSD if you have one. otherwise, the "failure to update" message from your PC sounds like more of an issue with the PC and not Samsung.

Tony Wick
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Will look into the approach for using an SSD but regarding your comment about a PC issue... firstly, it worked a while back and also I get the same error on two different PCs (as mentioned) that had both work previously (on older versions of the software). 

0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

As a rule, I don't back up to my PC. I use a SSD. I've found that approach faster and less cumbersome.

Tony Wick
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

What Mobile App do you use to perform the backup (to the SSD)?

0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I use Smart Switch to back up to the SSD. In my case, I'm using a Samsung SSD, and there's a corresponding Play Store app for use with that hardware. You still use Smart Switch to perform the back up.

Tony Wick
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I'm running it now.  Many thanks for your help and quick response. 🙂

notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

no worries. take care.