JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

To me l interpret the lack of a charger as Samsung

(Topic created: 10-05-2021 07:49 PM)
Aerrileone
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
To me l interpret the lack of a charger as Samsung just being cheap and thinking that they can get away with it because of Apple but in reality it's of no impact to me..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
EU is looking to standardize to a simple USB-C cable across the board for all cellphones. No more special chargers to maximize potential. Such fine-tuning will be done by the phone's software. And yes, it does save Samsung a little money, which they will hopefully pass on to consumers in slightly lower phone prices.

View solution in context

10 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Jamess467
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
However, if you want the charger that allows you to maximize its potential. You have to then buy a new charger. It's not eliminating waste, it's making more waste.
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
EU is looking to standardize to a simple USB-C cable across the board for all cellphones. No more special chargers to maximize potential. Such fine-tuning will be done by the phone's software. And yes, it does save Samsung a little money, which they will hopefully pass on to consumers in slightly lower phone prices.
moe
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
But not everyone that buys a new phone will also buy a new charger as some will already have one lying around. If anything, they're making a small impact.
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
The thought is you would use the same USB-C cable from your old phone with your new phone. No more special charger would need to be manufactured or sold.
Aerrileone
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thanks for sharing ❤
0 Likes
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Interesting take on EU, considering they're forcing Apple to keep wired headphones in the box to this day.
moe
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Personally, I didn't mind as the S21 series this year was $200 cheaper than last years, spending $25 extra for a charger wasn't bad. However, I'd prefer if they'd continue sending chargers in the box. We all know their reasoning for not including the charger was a load of poo.
curt39
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Go