JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to use NORDVPN after the One UI 6.0 update Samsung A13

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 05:49 PM)
userEjPDxdX38t
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Just updated a Samsung A13 to One UI 6 and now NORDVPN does not allow any traffic through, not connected to the internet in all browsers and APPS. Reinstalled NORDVPN and still same issue.

Installed ProtonVPN and same issue no internet 

Apparently One UI 6 is defective and need to revert to previous UI but everything I have read it is not possible to do.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userEjPDxdX38t
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you all, finally got it working by doing a network and wireless reset in the phone settings...

View solution in context

8 Replies
ScubaSam
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You may want to clear the cache (Restart phone > press and hold POWER + VOLUME UP buttons while the phone is restarting).

I just tried Pronton VPN and it works fine. I'm also on UI 6.0.1706925644829_1706925644824_0.jpg1706925679504.jpg
0 Likes
userEjPDxdX38t
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Guess I spoke too soon, this morning its not working again and nor does
clearing the cache has no affect. Samsung has a serious bug.
No more internet access again with this 6.0 upgrade....?

0 Likes
ScubaSam
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I edited my original response. Initially, I said POWER + VOLUME DOWN button. This puts the phone into an update/connection mode. For me, this sometimes helped clear the system cache.

The proper way to clear the cache is pressing POWER + VOLUME UP when restarting the phone. A menu will pop up, and it will give you an option to select "clear cache." You can try that and see if it works.

I'm using S21 Ultra, but I'm not sure if that matters if we're on the same system version.
0 Likes
userEjPDxdX38t
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you 

0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Have you tried contacting NordVPN about this? OneUI 6 is new and has some major changes in it. Maybe NordVPN needs to be updated?
0 Likes
userEjPDxdX38t
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you, have not contacted NordVpn since it is also ProtonVPN and just installed free Planet VPN same issue browsers. Speedtest does connect. But browsers no internet so looks like some type of DNS settings within OneUI 

Options
A Series & Other Mobile

FWIW I have an S215g, recently updated to OneUI6 and Android 14, and I also use Nord VPN. The updates caused no problems with Nord, at least none so far. I don't use chrome but Firefox is having no issues.

0 Likes
Solution
userEjPDxdX38t
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you all, finally got it working by doing a network and wireless reset in the phone settings...