JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Voice on alarms no longer works on my Galaxy A51

(Topic created: 12-19-2022 11:04 AM)
Fitzy55
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

On my Alarms the Voice doesn't work anore to what it is time to do , can someone Help 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hey there @Fitzy55,

I can understand how frustrating it can be to experience this with your alarms.

So I can properly assist you, can you confirm if you are using Google Voice Assistant, Bixby routine, or third-party alarm app to announce your alarms? 

Let's try testing your phone in Safe Mode. This mode disables any third-party apps from running in the background.

Follow these steps below:

1. First, completely power off the phone or tablet.

2. Turn on the device and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold the Volume down key.

If done correctly, "Safe mode" will display in the bottom left corner of the screen. If "Safe mode" does not appear, repeat the previous steps.

3. Once you're in Safe mode, you can remove the third-party app that is causing issues.

4. Start by removing apps that were updated or installed when the problem started.

5. To exit Safe mode, simply restart your phone or tablet, and it will reboot normally. Or, you can tap the Safe mode notification; swipe down from the top of the screen, and then tap the Safe mode is on notification. Tap Turn off.

Next, I would recommend wiping the cache partition on your phone.

1. Push Volume Down and Power button for a few seconds.
2. If the screen goes dark hold down Volume Up and Power keys until the SAMSUNG Galaxy logo appears.
3. Then release all keys and from the following menu choose Wipe cache partition. Use Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to confirm selection.
4. Now go to Yes option.
5. At the end, select Reboot system now with the Power key.

Also, it's always good to make sure your phone is up-to-date with the latest software as well.

If any chance you are in fact using a third-party alarm app and still experiencing the same symptoms, you can try clearing the cache on the actual app to see if that helps any.

To do that, try these steps below:

Open Settings, and then swipe to and tap Apps. Select or search for the app you want to clear. Tap Storage, and then tap Clear cache.

You can also find these exact steps in this link here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/

After trying all the steps above, and you are still experiencing the same symptoms. I would recommend backing up your data and perform a factory reset. Doing this step will reset your phone back to its factory settings.

You are more than welcome to reach back out to any of our moderators in a private message if you have any further concerns.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hey there @Fitzy55,

I can understand how frustrating it can be to experience this with your alarms.

So I can properly assist you, can you confirm if you are using Google Voice Assistant, Bixby routine, or third-party alarm app to announce your alarms? 

Let's try testing your phone in Safe Mode. This mode disables any third-party apps from running in the background.

1. First, completely power off the phone or tablet.

2. Turn on the device and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold the Volume down key.

If done correctly, "Safe mode" will display in the bottom left corner of the screen. If "Safe mode" does not appear, repeat the previous steps.

3. Once you're in Safe mode, you can remove the third-party app that is causing issues.

4. Start by removing apps that were updated or installed when the problem started.

5. To exit Safe mode, simply restart your phone or tablet, and it will reboot normally. Or, you can tap the Safe mode notification; swipe down from the top of the screen, and then tap the Safe mode is on notification. Tap Turn off.

Next, I would recommend wiping the cache partition on your phone.

1. Push Volume Down and Power button for a few seconds.
2. If the screen goes dark hold down Volume Up and Power keys until the SAMSUNG Galaxy logo appears.
3. Then release all keys and from the following menu choose Wipe cache partition. Use Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to confirm selection.
4. Now go to Yes option.
5. At the end, select Reboot system now with the Power key.

Also, it's always good to make sure your phone is up-to-date with the latest software as well.

If any chance you are in fact using a third-party alarm app and still experiencing the same symptoms, you can try clearing the cache on the actual app to see if that helps any.

To do that, try these steps below:

Open Settings, and then swipe to and tap Apps. Select or search for the app you want to clear. Tap Storage, and then tap Clear cache.

You can also find these exact steps in this link here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/

After trying all the steps above, and you are still experiencing the same symptoms. I would recommend backing up your data and perform a factory reset. Doing this step will reset your phone back to its factory settings.

You are more than welcome to reach back out to any of our moderators in a private message if you have any further concerns.