Original topic:

Why does my phone not fast charge

(Topic created: Thursday)
spellcaster
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have a Samsung A14 brand new got it last month went and got a new box for it (18W non Samsung). This charger when plugged in first said fast charging with it saying 4 hours to it, now it just shows the hours and no fast charging. why is that?
3 Replies
dja2k
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Probably cause it doesn't support PD PPS for charging. Samsung phones use that protocol to fast charge. If the brick or cable isn't certified or able to sustain the current, it won't work correctly.
Iamchaos13
Nebula
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I would do a soft reset and make sure the gast charge is toggled on. I know the A14 allows up to 15w (Higher wattage will work) fast charge. It should take less than 2 hours to charge from zero to 100%..Changing the cord too, as this is usually the problem.
0 Likes
4040killjoy
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I dont know the specs for that phone specifically, but my first guess would be the cable/brick combo does not meet the fast charging specs.

But if you're sure about the cables and charger, see if disabling adaptive charge doesn't fix that issue...

Sometimes the machine learning can be a bit off if your charging routine isn't consistent.
0 Likes