JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

"Organization installed a certificate authority in your work profile" notification?

(Topic created: 08-05-2023 10:44 PM)
Spitfire2022
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Can anyone tell me what this is? It is on my drop down as a banner message just under the clock display and when I look at it this bubble pops up with the msg and the only option to clear it is to hit the OK button. Thanks
Screenshot_20230806_012942_One UI Home.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Try going to Settings>Security and privacy>Other security settings>Device admin apps to see if anything is toggle on there. In that same >Other security settings menu, you can also check User certificates and clear something that doesn't look right. Be careful not to disable something you use. Additionally... If a factory reset doesn't solve the problem after looking where I suggested, I would take your phone to your mobile carrier and have them see what this could be.

View solution in context

12 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Do you own your device, or is it a work phone?

Spitfire2022
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Personal device, I don't wotk
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Try going to Settings>Security and privacy>Other security settings>Device admin apps to see if anything is toggle on there. In that same >Other security settings menu, you can also check User certificates and clear something that doesn't look right. Be careful not to disable something you use. Additionally... If a factory reset doesn't solve the problem after looking where I suggested, I would take your phone to your mobile carrier and have them see what this could be.

Spitfire2022
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thank you! I will try your suggestions.
VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Please update if you find out what is it!

Spitfire2022
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I'm ready to trash this phone. It started shutting down and rebooting on it own, my screen would go dark and no buttons worked. Then it would come back on at anytime rebooted. I'm really done! Thanks for you help.
VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Take this into your mobile carrier and have them take a look at it. It is possible someone is controlling your device. 

Spitfire2022
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I will take it and hear what they have to say but I'm sure I'll end up having to buy myself a new phone. As if any of this has been my fault!
Spitfire2022
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I figured it out! It was Total/AV. I removed the Certificate and then restarted the phone and the banner on Quick Access is gone. Thanks for your help!