JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Acceptable Receipt for Warranty Claim?

(Topic created: 10-19-2021 07:55 AM)
grandmoo
Constellation
Options
Computers

<rant> I am having zero luck with uploading my receipt. I purchased my Chromebook from the Samsung website in February of this year and saved the receipt to my computer. I can't even READ my warranty coverage because they aren't accepting my receipt. I get the following:

"We have reviewed your warranty information and, unfortunately, were not able to confirm your proof of purchase.

Please see below instructions on submitting a valid proof of purchase document.

Must not be in an editable format (ie word/excel/html); PDF, Jpeg, Gif, PNG format only.
Must include the place of purchase on company letterhead, including the retailer's name, address,
phone number or store number.
Must include the date of purchase.
Must include itemized pricing.
Must confirm paid total; non-online purchases must include the payment method.
Must include the date of purchase.
The following are non-valid proofs of purchase, and as such, cannot update the date of purchase: credit/debit card statements, sales quotes or estimates, private purchases (item purchased from another customer or sold through an eBay type bidding site/used products), units sold As Is with the exception of Lowes or Famous Tate, or units refurbished through any vendor outside of Samsung."

I bought this OFF OF THEIR WEBSITE! Also, it's a PDF. I'm pretty sure the warranty doesn't cover damage, but I wanted to at least read it.  I've purchased numerous items from Samsung in the past but this will most likely be the last one. What am I supposed to use as an acceptable receipt if their own receipt from their own website isn't sufficient? </end rant>

2 Replies
Leify
Comet
Options
Computers
This is how they get away with denying their own warranty policy. I've had similar issues. Items bought off their own website so using the official receipt and invoice is apparently not acceptable. You get nowhere with support because there is none that doesn't just robotically quote scripts at you.
0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers

@grandmoo    I apologize that you have had such a frustrating experience, and I will be happy to assist you. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link. If the PM link is not working for you, you can click on my name and send me a private message directly from my profile.

0 Likes