JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bad bluetooth audio lag with Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 and Galaxy Buds Pro/Live

(Topic created: 05-31-2022 11:03 PM)
userBBWil5whKL
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I just got a Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 and tried connecting both Galaxy Buds Pro and Galaxy Buds Live and audio for both have around a 0.3 second lag. So watching any video is a bad experience.

I also tried with Sony h.ear on 2 Bluetooth headphones and the lag was less, but still very noticeable.

I also tried connecting these to an old Dell XPS 9550 and there is no audio lag, so I believe this is likely a driver issue.

I'm hoping to raise awareness so that Samsung can push out an update to fix the audio lag eventually. I'll probably just return the laptop because it's not usable right now.

11 Replies
aneesa60
Astronaut
Options
Computers
I'm having a problem pairing Motorola ear buds
0 Likes
userliYKZ9ncnI
Constellation
Options
Computers

pretty sure this is Microsoft issue. 

i've reported it to Microsoft, you guys should too. 

I've seen other brand laptops facing a similar issue, so has to be Windows issue. 

userR8azyraMlv
Constellation
Options
Computers

I'm having the same issue with a Galaxy Book2 Pro 15 inch (non-360) with a pair of Galaxy Buds Pro.  The problem is a lot less apparent with Sony WF-1000MX4 earbuds.  Switching off enhanced audio and hands-free telemetry as has been recommended in other forums does not fix the delay.  

Both earbuds work fine on an HP Spectre x360 14 inch laptop also running Windows 11 and so the problem has to be specific to the Galaxy Book2 Pro.  

This is pretty annoying.  I will note that the Galaxy Buds Pro worked fine without an audio delay on my previous Galaxy Book Pro 360 15 inch from last year.  So again, the conclusion is that this is an issue specific to the Galaxy Book2 Pro that I am hoping Samsung recognizes and fixes.

user9rh5HjyY0F
Constellation
Options
Computers

Can a @Samsung Moderator comment on whether this issue is being investigated or not? I have 15 days to decide whether to return my new Book 2 Pro 15 and will likely return it if this is not addressed.

0 Likes
userKxvnjjMzYL
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I've got the same problem with my Book 2 360. I've tried two different brand new sets of wireless headphones (the Sony WHXB900N, and the Sennheiser HD 450BT), plus my Samsung buds (which work fine on my Galaxy S21), and none of them work with the Book 2 360  -- all of them have a noticeable delay. I'm this close to returning the laptop.

0 Likes
userPSp8lppSFr
Constellation
Options
Computers

I have the Galaxy book 2 pro 360 15.4 inch model and I'm using Galaxy buds live. The audio flutters/flickers/stutters all the time. I tried resetting buds live and uninstalled/reinstalled bluetooth drivers on the laptop but nothing seems to work. This is unacceptable. The buds live work flawlessly with my phone (S22 Ultra) and with other laptops (Macbook Air). There is some serious issue with this on this laptop and Samsung needs to fix this.

iKings
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Also having trouble with flickering stuttering Bluetooth audio that makes for very disappointing music and movie watching experiences.

userCd5sNY9PiI
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Try unchecking the box 'Enable audio enhancements' under Signal Enhancements for your audio drivers.

Sound Settings - Click Speakers - Turn off 'Enhance audio'. Click Advanced - Select the 'Advanced' tab - Verify 'Enable audio enhancements' is unchecked - Click Apply. Increase sampling rate and bit depth if desired.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109607/

userwfuMSnGYGK
Constellation
Options
Computers

I am also having the exact same, very frustrating issue. Any fix yet?

0 Likes