Original topic:

Buds3 Pro muffled sound when connected to Book3 Ultra

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
user8ftoOH0DBO
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hi,

I recently got Buds3 pro --- it works well with my phone and other laptops except my Galaxy Book3 Ultra. It connects successfully, but when it does, the sound is noticeably muffled. Also when I change the equalizer setting in the Galaxy Buds app from the laptop, I couldn't hear any difference in sound. So it feels like there must be a bug in terms of using buds3 pro on Samsung Galaxy Book laptops.

I have seen this issue brought up by other people on reddit as well.

6 Replies
Noobie
Nebula
Options
Computers
It's a bug I suppose
Members_AMxAB9f
Constellation
Options
Computers

I have just received my buds 3 pro and my earbuds sound great with everything except my Samsung book 4 pro 360 laptop. I hope it gets fixed soon.

userITGSeQ9bZ8
Constellation
Options
Computers

I have the same issue on my Galaxy Book 4 Edge, I removed and reconnected them countless times, also reset the Buds, as well as the Galaxy Book itself. One time they did work correctly for a couple hours, and then suddenly they sounded muffled again. I realized within the Windows Sound Settings they are listed as Loudspeakers instead of headphones, I think this might have something to do with this. Also in the sound settings they are listed as 2 - Buds 3 Pro... the 2 doesn't appear on any of my other devices. 

Also I tried my Buds 2 pro, they work fine. And the issue doesn't appear on any other of my devices, also other Windows devices. 

Xrystian
Constellation
Options
Computers

*Excact* same issue here, with Galaxy Buds3 Pro-Galaxy Book4 Edge. Everything you pointed out and i noticed that in Samsung Settings, it doesn't say it's connected, it says to put the Buds in pairing mode. Also neither on my previous Buds2 Pro or these Buds3 Pro, a high quality codec was supported, only 16 bit and lower hz. Weirdly my other, older non-Samsung laptop it works fine. Seems like the laptop itself is trying to support the Buds but Samsung hasn't added support for it themselves.

0 Likes
Solution
userITGSeQ9bZ8
Constellation
Options
Computers

It seems like I managed to fix it, within the bluetooth and devices settings under devices there is an option for "LE Audio..." turning this off seems to have fixed it for me. Now also in the sound settings they appear as Headphones.

Samsung should really push a uptdate tho, not having their most premium devices work properly, thats just rediculous.

user8ftoOH0DBO
Constellation
Options
Computers

Oh thank you very much for this, yes this also fixed my issue. Initially I thought you were talking about changing a setting in the Device Manager, but the setting you mentioned can be found in Settings -> Bluetooth & devices -> Devices. The "Use LE Audio when available" setting is almost at the bottom of the page. Once I turned it off and rebooted, (I had to re-connect buds3 pro) Buds3 pro started sounding right and I could change EQ settings in the Galaxy Buds app as well. Thanks!