Driver for DVD Writer SE-208

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers
@VGUN Welcome to the Samsung Member's Community!

Based on the limited amount information you provided in your initial post. I'm going to assume that you are using Microsoft Windows. Information that I read suggests that this Samsung DVD Writer was designed for Apple Computers.

I was unable to location drivers for your DVD Writer. Information that I read stated that this drive is over five years old. I was unable to locate information about your device from Samsung's Support Website.

I'm going to provide you with a potential solution. This may not work. But you can certainly try!

Please follow these steps to see if you have success with getting your DVD Writer to work with Microsoft Windows:

Please try the following steps in the following article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/314060...

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot
Scroll down
Click Hardware and Devices
Click Run the Troubleshooter

When complete, restart to see if the problem is resolved.

Also, press Windows key + X
Click Device Manager
Expand CD/DVD
Right click your optical drive
Click Update driver then follow the on screen instructions.

Further troubleshooting steps you can try:

1) Press Windows key + x and select Command Prompt(Admin)

2) Then, at the command prompt type the following ( you can copy and paste) and press "Enter":

reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

3) Restart the computer.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers
@VGUN Welcome to the Samsung Member's Community!

Based on the limited amount information you provided in your initial post. I'm going to assume that you are using Microsoft Windows. Information that I read suggests that this Samsung DVD Writer was designed for Apple Computers.

I was unable to location drivers for your DVD Writer. Information that I read stated that this drive is over five years old. I was unable to locate information about your device from Samsung's Support Website.

I'm going to provide you with a potential solution. This may not work. But you can certainly try!

Please follow these steps to see if you have success with getting your DVD Writer to work with Microsoft Windows:

Please try the following steps in the following article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/314060...

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot
Scroll down
Click Hardware and Devices
Click Run the Troubleshooter

When complete, restart to see if the problem is resolved.

Also, press Windows key + X
Click Device Manager
Expand CD/DVD
Right click your optical drive
Click Update driver then follow the on screen instructions.

Further troubleshooting steps you can try:

1) Press Windows key + x and select Command Prompt(Admin)

2) Then, at the command prompt type the following ( you can copy and paste) and press "Enter":

reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

3) Restart the computer.