JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Book 4 Ultra I9 BSOD

(Topic created: 05-24-2024 03:23 AM)
seandm69
Asteroid
Options
Computers

My galaxy book ultra i9 is BSOD when it seems it is supposed to switch from Intel GPU to the nvidia GPU. i notice it doesn't switch when i specified to switch and then it will BSOD. 

When i first got this laptop it BSOD within the first 30 minutes. so i did a complete reset of win 11 and it seemed to work great for a week, but then it started to BSOD again. 

Not sure if there is a BIOS update for this issue or an updated Nvidia driver? I am current with all my updates,and did not install most of the samsung Apps as they seemed to serve zero purpose other than to drain my battery.

I might add the inability for the laptop to switch graphic cards automatically always seems to happen after i hibernate. if i do a reboot, it works great but once i hibernate it tends to hang and eventually will crash my programs when it tries to switch but unable to.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend trying the information from the following post from the Microsoft forums:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-blue-screen-driver-power-state-failu....

If this doesn't help then this will be something that will require service. Depending on your warranty you will have a few options for service.

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

View solution in context

4 Replies
mless
Constellation
Options
Computers

Idk I'm really happy with my book 3 ultra i9. I guess people expect more from Samsung probably but the design of the book series is so perfect in terms of aesthetics which is party of the reason. + Continuity with the galaxy ecosystem. I guess for someone who might not be deep in the Samsung jungle wouldn't find all these specs on paper appealing. I think it does a good job for what it's supposed to do

0 Likes
seandm69
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I love my galaxy book 4 as well, just don't like the BSOD. I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers and reinstalled them and so far no issues. I am wondering if when i reset everything that maybe it installed the windows generic nvidia driver instead of the samsung nvidia driver.

of course it has only been a couple of days since i did it, so who knows.

0 Likes
seandm69
Asteroid
Options
Computers

ok, that didn't work. just got a BSOD with "driver power state failure".

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend trying the information from the following post from the Microsoft forums:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-blue-screen-driver-power-state-failu....

If this doesn't help then this will be something that will require service. Depending on your warranty you will have a few options for service.

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.