JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Chromebook defective trackpad

(Topic created: 06-04-2022 04:12 PM)
userSI4I8EC7ly
Constellation
Options
Computers

This is the second galaxy chromebook I've had.  I returned the first after 2 weeks because of the same problem.  When it heats up, the track pad starts bugging out.  I leave it alone and come back to it its fine.  

Yes, I tried updating it and everything in the following link.  And no, It has never been wet even with cleaning solution.

samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110976/

Since this is the second one with this problem, I assume this is a manufacturing design flaw.   I've seen several posts specifically about it heating up and causing this.  Anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes
7 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Computers
If you've seen "several posts" about it, doesn't that confirm it ?
0 Likes
userSI4I8EC7ly
Constellation
Options
Computers

I'm not sure I see the value of your reply.  This issue should be known.  If not for my benefit for others who also are seeking information regarding the same issue.

Yes, I have seen post regarding this issue but, this post is specifically regarding it heating up causing erratic trackpad behavior.  I have seen posts regarding this but, not as the main topic.

0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Computers
Gotcha ! Sorry, confused on my part!!
0 Likes
userJwgZe9WPcs
Astronaut
Options
Computers

This is a legit concern.  I've had mine and have sent it in to replace the track pad.  I got it back and it worked great for about 4 mons, and slowly but surely the issue is back.  It's annoying.

0 Likes
usergrFpF66eqB
Constellation
Options
Computers

Same here. Repaired once a few months later the issue is back! These are lemons. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with this occurring, have you tried the troubleshooting steps in the link below? 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110976/

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

userZojKvsguSi
Asteroid
Options
Computers

This seems to be an ongoing issues and the documentation is only a temporary fix to the issues with the trackpad.  I've tried REFRESH and Power, Power Washing, Manufacturer reset using an SD.  None of these resolve the issues.

Then you have people returning the Galaxy Chromebook for repair and after a short time the issues come back again.  Beside my personal trackpad issue I now have a cracked screen, not sure when or how it happend but it's there.  Then the well known battery lasting 4 hours on average, very common on Samsung laptops I've seen so far.  Ouside of these issues, it's a good laptop.

But the trackpad is an essential part of using a portable device aka laptop.  If Samsung cannot resolve the battery issues atleast hope they can resolve the ongoing and common trackpad issues.

0 Likes