JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Book Flex connect to two monitors

(Topic created: 01-31-2023 09:18 AM)
LoganJH
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I have a Samsung 950QCG-K03 Galaxy Book Flex (Intel Core i7 1065G7, LCD 15.6 FHD Touch QLED, Memory 16 GB, SSD 512 GB) that I want to connect two Dell P2210 monitors to it.

I don't care about resolution or FPS, this is a work computer (no gaming) that I just need two monitors for work stuff, like email, excel, remote desktop. In fact, I don't want the laptop screen just the two Dell monitors that are on my desk to be connected to my Galaxy Book Flex.

I will buy any docking station and/or cables and/or device to make this happen. So what do I need/do to make this happen?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LoganJH
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Don't need a hub. Wish you told me that. I got lucky while I was spending hours researching USB-C ports and Thunderbolt when a post showed a cable that is Thunderbolt to DisplayPort. I purchased two Thunderbolt to DisplayPort cables plugged them in and all works. No need for a hub.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Computers
Good morning @LoganJH,

I hope you're doing well. Since the Galaxybook has a USB-C port you can go with a USB-C Docking station to connect dual monitors with. I would recommend starting there, there are plenty available.
0 Likes
LoganJH
Asteroid
Options
Computers

The MOKIN MOUC2903 that I have does not work. It is a USB-C docking station that has 2 display ports but it doesn't work. I went to the MOKIN support and downloaded and install the drivers. I restarted my laptop and when I tried to install the drivers I got error "Enter ISP mode failed." So I contacted MOKIN support and the reply was make sure monitor is not plugged in laptop when installing driver. So I restarted my laptop, made sure nothing was connected and tried installing the MOUC2903 driver again, and got the same error message. I replied to MOKIN support and currently waiting for their reply.

Do you or anyone know of a USB-C docket station that works with Samsung 950QCG-K03 Galaxy Book Flex? I mean has anyone who actually owns a Samsung 950QCG-K03 Galaxy Book Flex plugged in a USB-C docking station then connected two monitors and it all worked?

0 Likes
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Computers
I would check to see how much power your Docking station needs in order to work properly.

When using a docking station, they do tend to need some of the laptop's power in order to get enough power to the necessary ports in order to work.
0 Likes
LoganJH
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Does Samsung 950QCG-K03 Galaxy Book Flex have a Type-C port that supports video output?

MOKIN tech support is asking me, "Could you please change another laptop (which has Type-C port and supports video output) to have a try?"

0 Likes
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Computers
Yes it is able to connect to a monitor via USB-C to HDMI to the monitor. Since it is a third party product I wouldn't have an answer beyond that however it should have the capabilities for the video output.
0 Likes
Solution
LoganJH
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Don't need a hub. Wish you told me that. I got lucky while I was spending hours researching USB-C ports and Thunderbolt when a post showed a cable that is Thunderbolt to DisplayPort. I purchased two Thunderbolt to DisplayPort cables plugged them in and all works. No need for a hub.

0 Likes