Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Book Ultra 3 - Realtek Speakers Not Detected

(Topic created: 05-10-2024 08:42 AM)
user7wfwc4PITD
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Book Ultra 3. My speakers have disappeared as a selectable output device. I have tried using Samsung update to re-install the audio device but this does not work. Please help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Unfortunately if the device is not showing in the device manager, and you are unable to uninstall the drivers from the device manager then a factory reset would be the best option. As once, you uninstall the drivers you can try a reinstalled with the Samsung updater using this link (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083923/)

Just also wanted to through this link in here below if you have not already seen it.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109686/

If none of this helps then the very last option would be service. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options.

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Mac-18
Galaxy
Options
Computers
This might sound dumb, but have you restarted the device? Often fixes minor bugs
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend trying a completed restart on the laptop also. If this does not help you can go to the device manager to see if the speaker is still there. If that doesn't help then a factory reset would be recommended. Please let me know if this helps!

0 Likes
user7wfwc4PITD
Constellation
Options
Computers

Thank you! I have restarted the PC many times unfortunately to no avail. A factory reset is currently not an option for me due to the time required to re setup all of the software installed on the PC. Please let me know if there are other options I can try before the factory reset?

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Unfortunately if the device is not showing in the device manager, and you are unable to uninstall the drivers from the device manager then a factory reset would be the best option. As once, you uninstall the drivers you can try a reinstalled with the Samsung updater using this link (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083923/)

Just also wanted to through this link in here below if you have not already seen it.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109686/

If none of this helps then the very last option would be service. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options.

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.