Constellation
Options
Computers

Issue:

Samsung Galaxy Book3 360

• Trackpad is lifting out of laptop
  • Trackpad stops working momentarily every 10 minutes

Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G

• Advertised as waterproof, when submerged 4cm for 3 seconds water got inside and created lasting damage to rear facing cameras

My Experience:

15:03 - Chat initiated

15:20 - Connected with Emmy

Emmy begins with typical proof of purchase questions

I go over the issues and she asks me to restart my laptop to fix the hardware issues. I remind her it is a hardware and not a software issue and she offers warranty service.

I ask if they offer any loaner devices while my device is being serviced, she tells me she is not authorized to do that.

I then ask if I can get any sort of compensation for Samsungs quality control and sending me a faulty product. Again Emmy says she cannot do that

She then asks me for my postal code because I can bring it to a samsung experience store for faster service. She says there are no service centers near me, so I ask where the closest one is so I can drive and she says there are none again, this makes me think Canada has no real samsung support.

I decide to go through with Emmy creating a warranty ticket, and I mention I do not have access to safe packaging for my laptop and ask if samsung can send me a box to ship the device in, Emmy confirms samsung will do this. I then ask her to confirm that there is no compensation available, she says there is none.

She then creates the ticket and sends me instructions on how to complete my end of the warranty process. I ask again where in the process I receive a box to put the laptop in and she then went back on her words and said they will not give me one and that I will have to purchase one from FedEx.

She then asks if I have any more questions. I bring up that my phone had been submerged and contrary to their waterproof claim, it is not in fact waterproof.

She gets my IMEI and confirms the phone is out of warranty, I ask if samsung can still cover repairs because their manufacturing process is the reason my phone has water damage and she said they would not.

I ask for a supervisor.

17:32 - Connected with Stephen

Stephen asks me to confirm my issue so I say yes, he says thanks for elaborating. At this point I wait for his response to my issue, at 18:04 Stephen ends the chat with me.

18:05 - Reconnected to chat with Kelly

Kelly is not a supervisor, I now have to ask for a supervisor again.

18:16 - Connected with Jeshurun

Me and Jeshurun go back and forth about the camera being an issue, Jeshurun claims it is not a known issue and nobody has reported it so I cannot possibly be having this issue.

Jeshurun offers to check on other options for my situation then suddenly my chat is transferred back to Stephen

18:43 Connected with Stephen

Stephen opens his new conversation by offering me a discount on an appliance. I tell him I have not once mentioned an appliance and Iā€™d like compensation and repairs for my faulty devices.

I offer my own option, maybe I could trade in my phone and get a new one for $500 or at cost.

Stephen sends an apology for my inconvenience, the same one Iā€™ve been sent over 30 times throughout this long conversation.

I ask to speak to somebody with a higher position and he keeps mentioning he is the highest point of contact.

He then offers me a 10% discount towards a new device. I mention that I already receive this price as a university student and he keeps saying thats the best he can do. He keeps pushing the 10% discount, at this point Iā€™m getting angry so I give a little attitude, he keeps saying he cannot accept my offers for compensation, so I say ā€œsorry I cannot accept your denial of my request, I apologize I hope you understand.ā€ Taste of your own medicine Stephen, Take that!

(This did not work)

I again ask for a higher supervisor and he denies, repeating that he is the highest point of contact. I just kept copy and pasting my request for a higher supervisor at this point because thats all Stephen was doing. Eventually he transferred me.

20:36 - Connected with Oliver

Oliver mentions he is the Manager of the Samsung Technical Support

Oliver again mentions the 10% discount is the best they can do

I ask why cant the camera be repaired if its samsungs fault, Why cant I get a loaner laptop?

He says I can visit a samsung experience store and they can provide a loaner, I tell him that Emmy would not tell me where a store was.

He asks for postal and tells me none are nearby, so I ask if there are any in Canada at all, he says Yes, there is one in Calgary and one in Ontario (This guy obviously works in an overseas call center)

So I ask him where the one in Calgary is because that is a close drive to me. He sends me an address for the store in Montreal! I mention thats over 3500km away from me and he says there is no store in Calgary (Crazy how stores disappear in 5 minutes)

He then asks if Toronto is better, I let him know that Iā€™ll just walk the 3000km tomorrow.

I ask him for his supervisor, he says hes as high as it gets and he has no boss. I keep persisting and ask him to schedule me a call with his supervisor, he says they do not do that and I have to call the call center myself. We keep going back and forth about the call thing and eventually I just start asking for his boss again.

Eventually he says he will transfer me.

21:41 - Connected with Jeshurun

Jeshurun, the level 2 supervisor? No way! Congrats Jeshurun you got promoted to the head of the department in a few hours? Good work!
Jeshurun says he noticed I was looking for free service and a partial refund. He says we do not do free service and I would have to pay and there is no refund.

I remind him a warranty ticket is already submitted by Emmy. He begins going through all the same proof of purchase steps Emmy has already done, I keep reminding him all that info is back in the chat history.

Jeshurun then creates a new service ticket, but has not confirmed which device it is for. He then tells me its for the laptop, and tells me that water damage to the phone is cosmetic and therefore not covered under warranty. (After the water had gotten in my lens another support agent told me this is normal and it will go away, eventually it did and I was left with flaky plastic and streaks inside the lens) This is samsungs manufacturing fault and I should not have to pay because they installed a faulty seal. He then asks me to take a photo of the phoneā€¦ using the phone?

22:47 - I end the chat

Its been almost 8 hours and Iā€™ve gotten nowhere.

What a joke of a support system. Nobody knows who is who and nobody seems to have any authority. They don't read your messages, they just send the same copy and paste responses over and over. This company will happily take your money, ship you a faulty product, then hang you out to dry. Unless they can do some serious compensation and damage repair, theyā€™ve lost me as a customer for good, and they will not get my recommendation ever. Thousands of dollars and over 20 products later, a once loyal customer is gone.

2 Replies
meself
Comet
Options
Computers
Just my thoughts they don't or any company send any compensation because you ask they will do warranty repair as for the phone water damage it's out of warranty as youvstated and the water damage wasn't there when you got it do not there fault
0 Likes
MrXGeekX
Halo
Options
Computers
Trackpad lifting would be the battery inflating, idk what to tell you about all the other ones
0 Likes