Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Book Go NP340XLA restarts on its own

(Topic created: Wednesday)
Kibblesret
Constellation
Options
Computers

Samsung Galaxy Book Go NP340XLA Windows 10.

After shut down the computer restarts by its self.

Hard shut down using the power button does not stop this behaviour.

4 Replies
KBSDETOUR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers
Have you tried resetting it?
0 Likes
Kibblesret
Constellation
Options
Computers

First off thanks for your reply!

I have reset it to factory default settings. This took out the add on apps that were put on the machine by the tech at purchase.This made no difference.

If the power button is pressed and held for  a count of twenty the machine restarts 12 seconds after the button is released. If the shut down option is used in the menu the machine shuts down and restarts in approximately 12 seconds.

I tried stopping the quick start option with no success.

It almost seems the machine has gone into an endless start loop. The last machine I had that did this was back in the days of Windows 98 and I had to fix the BIOS. I have no idea how to do this on Windows 10.

Much frustration here. Any help would be sincerely welcomed.

0 Likes
KBSDETOUR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers
Can you try to hold down shift while restarting the machine (from the Start menu). This way you will get into the BIOS.
0 Likes
Kibblesret
Constellation
Options
Computers

I took out the battery today. Then plugged in the power cord and did as you mentioned, thanks for the advice. I did not see how to access the BIOS, it was probably there but sometimes I cannot find things, so I reset the Windows 10 again.

After I rebuilt the user profile I used the machine for a few minutes then shut the machine power off via the menu option. The machine did not restart for ten minutes so I reinstalled the battery. I did not even get the back cover on before the machine restarted.

0 Likes