Original topic:

Samsung galaxybook 4 pro x360 no bootable recovery

(Topic created: 03-25-2024 11:01 PM)
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Computers
I simply wanted to make a Bootable USB or sd card recovery drive for my Samsung laptop. It took me a couple hours on the phone and had to raise up to a nice supervisor and still no resolution. 

Apparently there is an iso image for the galaxybook 2 pro but nothing yet for the galaxybook 4 pro x360. 

Can I please make a request to the developers to release a new iso updated for the latest galaxybook 4 pro x360? 

I generally don't buy a laptop if I can't completely wipe the drive and reinstall Windows. My HP has a cloud recovery app that will let you download and setup a recovery USB drive. Samsung has an app called Samsung recovery but it will only reset the device. 

Thank you!
4 Replies
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Computers
Overall the galaxybook 4 pro x360 is one of the nicest laptops I have ever owned. I want to continue to purchase these laptops BUT it really is a BASIC requirement to have a Bootable usb/SD card recovery drive!!

Resetting the device will not clear certain installations, corrupted files, registry errors, etc. Only wiping the ssd clean then reinstalling the original ISO image that the laptop shipped with will get everything working as new.

I shouldn't have to send the laptop to Samsung to get the OS wiped and a clean install.
0 Likes
drizzydrake521
Astronaut
Options
Computers
SAME
0 Likes
userSp81vPhD8a
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers
There is a recovery partition on your laptop
0 Likes
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Computers
Which only allows you to reset not wipe and reinstall.
0 Likes