JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

samsung pro 360 touch screen only works with pen

(Topic created: 06-05-2021 02:27 PM)
stronggeek
Constellation
Options
Computers

3 days ago my touch screen ceased responding from my touch, but yet continues to respond to my stylus. I've tried most of the tricks to get to work again (including updating drivers, ran troubleshooter for hardware and devices, disabled and re-enabled the touchscreen through device manager.  Finally, I did a rest and started over. I may have to exchange as I now believe it's hardware related. I've taken great care and I've never dropped or abused it. I know it happens, but still kind of surprised. I've only had it 2 weeks.

Any suggestions before I contact Samsung to return, exchange or send in for repair?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help, have you tried the troubleshooting steps below? 

For additional information about touchscreen gestures, see our guide.

1. Look for damage on the screen.

Look for debris or liquid on your screen. Any debris or liquid in contact with the screen may be preventing touches from being registered.

2. Check Device Manager.

Make sure the touchscreen is enabled in Device Manager. Select the Search bar, and then search for and select Device Manager. By default, if all devices all working, the list will be collapsed. If one of the lists is expanded, the device with an issue will be marked. Enable the device if it is disabled.

3. See if the PC needs any updates.

Select the Start icon, and then select Settings. Select Update & Security, and then select Check for updates. If any updates are available, they'll automatically install.

You should also check Samsung Update for updated drivers that may not yet be available on Windows Update. Select the Start icon, and then select Samsung Update. Select Update all.

4. Restart the PC.

Try restarting the PC. Select the Start icon, and then select the Power icon. Select Restart, and wait for the computer to reboot. Once it restarts, see if the touchscreen works.

5. Calibrate the screen for touch or pen input.

Open the start menu, begin typing Calibrate the screen for touch or pen input and then click the option when it appears. Follow all on-screen instructions.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot-type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help, have you tried the troubleshooting steps below? 

For additional information about touchscreen gestures, see our guide.

1. Look for damage on the screen.

Look for debris or liquid on your screen. Any debris or liquid in contact with the screen may be preventing touches from being registered.

2. Check Device Manager.

Make sure the touchscreen is enabled in Device Manager. Select the Search bar, and then search for and select Device Manager. By default, if all devices all working, the list will be collapsed. If one of the lists is expanded, the device with an issue will be marked. Enable the device if it is disabled.

3. See if the PC needs any updates.

Select the Start icon, and then select Settings. Select Update & Security, and then select Check for updates. If any updates are available, they'll automatically install.

You should also check Samsung Update for updated drivers that may not yet be available on Windows Update. Select the Start icon, and then select Samsung Update. Select Update all.

4. Restart the PC.

Try restarting the PC. Select the Start icon, and then select the Power icon. Select Restart, and wait for the computer to reboot. Once it restarts, see if the touchscreen works.

5. Calibrate the screen for touch or pen input.

Open the start menu, begin typing Calibrate the screen for touch or pen input and then click the option when it appears. Follow all on-screen instructions.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot-type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes