JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Black screen with clock won't go away

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I turned off "Always On Display", and confirmed it is not on, but this screen with a clock and battery percentage still shows up. I restarted my phone as well. This black screen still appears. I deleted Good Lock apps that I suspected might be causing this issues, but still no luck. 

I just want my lock screen to appear. I don't want to have to tap this black screen first to get to my lock screen to show. Does anyone know how to get rid of it this? Thanks. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I figured it out! I did install this one app today called "Muvize Edge" from the Play store that Sakitech on YouTube recommended. (I usually only download apps made by Samsung).

I did not realize this app has its own "Always On" feature included in its app. Once I turned that off, the black screen with the clock no longer appears.

Thanks again for your assistance!

View solution in context

13 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
To me that looks like your lockscreen you need to set a wallpaper for it right now it's set to black

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
This is my lock screen. I can only see it after I tap the black screen a couple of times.1714708581141.jpg
GaryB82
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
And you've removed lockstar from goodlock

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yes. I've removed Lockstar. I attached a screenshot where you can see it has an arrow next to it if I want to redownload it. I'm very puzzled as to what I may have installed on my phone that may be causing this. I only install items from Good Lock to customize my phone. 1714708803833.jpg
GaryB82
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Strange let me ask around it has to be a setting if you open it to the unfolded screen does it show the aod there still also

Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yes. Same thing shows up when my phone is locked and the screen is unfolded. Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it.1714709159587.jpg
GaryB82
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I would suggest trying to wipe the cache partition and see if that fixes it
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.

Once the Android Recovery screen comes up, release the buttons.

Use the Volume Down button until you are highlighting ‘Wipe cache partition.’

Press the Power button to select ‘Wipe cache partition.’

Use Volume Down to highlight Yes.

Press the Power button to confirm the action to clear the cache.

Wait for a second as the system wipes the cache.

Press the Power button again to reboot the device.

0 Likes
Solution
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I figured it out! I did install this one app today called "Muvize Edge" from the Play store that Sakitech on YouTube recommended. (I usually only download apps made by Samsung).

I did not realize this app has its own "Always On" feature included in its app. Once I turned that off, the black screen with the clock no longer appears.

Thanks again for your assistance!
GaryB82
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Happy to hear I was just about to ask if you've downloaded any new apps recently and I was going to have you clear the cache and data of the aod to see if it helped