JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bluetooth is auto connecting devices unwantedly

(Topic created: 04-29-2023 04:25 PM)
brada2007
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

My blue tooth switches automatically to my car Bluetooth or to other devices unwantedly and there is no setting anywhere that I can find to give me control. It's such a pain in the  if I'm in mid conversation and it goes from car to headphones or visa versa. Then I have to go through the whole rigamarole of switching back which is stupid when I'm driving and can't be safe. Somebody have info on this? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Sprocket99
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
If you keep devices paired then you have to turn them off, unpair them, or toggle off Bluetooth by swiping down and hitting it.

Bluetooth cannot read you mind (its not got that capability) and what you want to do so it doesn't go so well for you šŸ™‚

Generally, I think if a vehicle has Bluetooth then people want it to swap to it. If you have a headset and don't want the vehicle using that Bluetooth for calls, it does have a setting to disable using the connected device for calls which might help here. If you do anything and everything randomly then chaos will probably only result.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
All I can suggest is that you turn off the headphones when you are driving. It will help save the battery too.
Solution
Sprocket99
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
If you keep devices paired then you have to turn them off, unpair them, or toggle off Bluetooth by swiping down and hitting it.

Bluetooth cannot read you mind (its not got that capability) and what you want to do so it doesn't go so well for you šŸ™‚

Generally, I think if a vehicle has Bluetooth then people want it to swap to it. If you have a headset and don't want the vehicle using that Bluetooth for calls, it does have a setting to disable using the connected device for calls which might help here. If you do anything and everything randomly then chaos will probably only result.
0 Likes