JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Favorites messages not coming through do not disturb even with exceptions

(Topic created: 08-12-2023 08:59 AM)
user0jbNodjDMe
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I just switched from a Flip4 to a flip 5 I have learned that my favorite contacts messages will not come through when Do Not Disturb is on even though I have set the exception to allow messages and calls from favorite contacts, this used to work on the Flip4. Is there some issue with transferring it over that perhaps it got lost? Do I need to start over with the contacts and try that? I would prefer not to re-enter everything. But it's important that my elderly mother can get through in the middle of the night. Thanks for any suggesI just switched from a Flip4 to a flip 5 I have learned that my favorite contacts messages will not come through when Do Not Disturb is on even though I have set the exception to allow messages and calls from favorite contacts. this used to work on the Flip4. Is there some issue with transferring it over? Do I need to start over with the contacts and try that? I would prefer not to re-enter everything. But it's important that my elderly mother can get through in the middle of the night. Thanks for any suggestions.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user0jbNodjDMe
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Update: seems to work switching to Samsung messaging. Google messaging would not support this.

View solution in context

4 Replies
user0jbNodjDMe
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Update that calls seem to be working now but text messages still not coming through. I am using Google messages would samsung message work perhaps?
0 Likes
Solution
user0jbNodjDMe
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Update: seems to work switching to Samsung messaging. Google messaging would not support this.
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello! 🙂 Within the DND menu, do you have Calls set to "Favorite contacts only" and have you added the contacts manually to the list above of contacted included in "Allow during Do not disturb" as well?

0 Likes
Arro
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
When I add favorites to the "Allow during Do NOT Disturb", it works for a while but then the contacts disappear, and I have to re-add the contacts every day. And seems like it's been happening since the last update.
0 Likes