Original topic:

Feature Request: Make the Fold 6 compatible with Wi-Fi 7 and additional feedback

(Topic created: Saturday)
MadHatter01
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thank you Samsung for the early delivery (the watch ultra is way better in person, buy it! )

1. I have an S24 ultra with the same chipset. Why did you not enable Wifi 7 on a $1900 phone. This is not okay. I bought a wifi 7 router for my s24 ultra for $00. Please Samsung do the right thing, the hardware is there, it is included in the Snapdragon 8 gen 3 chip. If is because Samung did not pay for the license, please let me buy it for my phone. I would gladly pay. Also ena le Aptx Loseless too.

2. Front screen is still too narrow. Needs to be .25 inches or 6mm wider. The inside screen should also be 16:9 or close. I don't like the wasted space with the black bars. It needs to go up from 6.3 to 6.7 minimum. 

3. The cameras suck, you really really cheaped out and used that same camera for the Fold 4, 5 and 6. I paid $1900, I want good cameras. There is no excuse, you are ripping people off.

4. If there is a Samsung Ultra phone coming out, it better be USA included too. Don't do the South Korea and China only. All you are doing is screwing over loyal Samsung customers. I have owned almost every S series and Fold. 

5. Last, please offer an Ultra Fold with the new Snapdragon 8 gen 4, wifi 7 and the camera cameras as the s25 Ultra. Release it with the s25 ultra in January. Offer really good trade ins for the Fold 6. I would gladly pay MSRP of $2200-$2400 for that phone. Do a $1600 or so trade in for the Fold 6, since they will be less then 6 months old and should be like new still.

For anyone commenting just buy a different fordable, we don't have a choice here in the US. Samsung and Google are the only two available. I would of gone Google but their chipset sucks. Also importing the good Chinese foldable that beat Samsung for less is not easy here and comes with risk. 
5 Replies
MadHatter01
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
People thank you for the likes. Please post your thoughts too, I want Samsung to read them, hopefully they enable Wifi 7
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
On point 2, the wider the external screen is, the more square the internal screen will be, until it reaches a point that it's closed width is >50% the height of the phone. I'm not sure anyone wants a phone that wide.
MadHatter01
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I would love it to be the s24 ultra but foldable. So the s24 ultra front screen and a huge inside screen. They can offer the regular size for people who don't want the bigger phone.

Wifi 7 is my goal here mostly, Samsung please enable it. The hardware is there.
userl2tyCRpQqt
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I'm with you MadHatter01.  

I have an S23 and it's about the right size..   But I bought the Fold 6 thinking it would be nearly as wide and when opened it would be 2X the screen..  It's barely a 3rd larger and the front screen is so narrow.. 

I bought this for work and use my accounting program which will sync with my laptop but the app is not compatible and google won't let me install it on the Fold 6.  

I bought this fold 6 to replace my Blackview Active 8 pro which ATT no longer will supply data service to..   So pulled out my s23, but miss the huge screen.. 

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes