Original topic:

Feature Request: Outer display "TapMapping"

(Topic created: 05-23-2024 08:13 PM)
cleverEyes
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello Samsung community! 

I have a suggestion for the Z Fold5. I propose a feature that allows the outer screen to act as an input redirector. This could be implemented through Labs or Quick Settings, enabling users to designate tap regions on the outer display (whole screen, split, or quadrants). Taps in these regions would correspond to specific areas on the inner screen. This would be particularly beneficial for gaming, allowing additional fingers to interact with the outer screen as if they were shoulder buttons. It could also enhance drawing applications, where tapping a certain area on the outer screen selects a specific tool, like the pen tool. Ideally, these settings would be customizable per app, though this may not be feasible.

I think this could really put a leg up on the fold series, especially against the rising competition in the fold market. A neat name could be "TapMapping." 

Please redirect me if this isn't the place to suggest features!
Cheers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes