Original topic:

Fold 6 won't install older app.

(Topic created: Monday)
userl2tyCRpQqt
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Well, I bought a Fold 6 with the hopes I could transfer over using smartswitch and all the apps would transfer over..  

Well the app that I needed while it shown on the screen while transferring apps and data when it finally finished installing everything the app was no where to be found.. 

the App is older and the creator has since passed away so there are no updates..  It works perfectly on all my other Samsung, Blackview Pro Active 8..   But now it won't install and I just get the app is not compatible screen. 

I have several gripes but this one is the reason I'm going to have to send the phone back. 

0 Likes
9 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@userl2tyCRpQqt That is the cycle of life with apps and computer systems. If the apps don't stay current and update with new operating systems, then they won't work. 

What is the app?

userl2tyCRpQqt
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Adarian Money is the app..   The gentleman who wrote it passed away..  I've been using the app for nearly 15yrs and have not found anything that mimics it's usefulness. 

It has both the android and Windows version and syncs between the 2..  Makes it super useful. 

0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Since the S24 series launched, all apps need to be 64 bit, they will no longer support 32-bit apps.
There is a workaround to allow for 32-bit. Search for the workaround
userl2tyCRpQqt
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hi, and thanks..   Do you know of an app or a program?  I'm not a youngster so don't know the in's and outs.. 

Getting pointed in the right direction directly helps out a bunch. 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@userl2tyCRpQqt I used to use Mint, but switched to Monarch money. It tracks everything nicely and presents it in a great format. 

userl2tyCRpQqt
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I used Mint about 18 years ago when I mistakenly bought an Iphone because there were no good options..   

Once the Samsung note came out it was a must have.. 

I was a Palm Pilot user and then Palm treo phone but Palm fell to the way side leaving a gap.  So a stylus was always part of use.. 

Not a fan of Mint..  I'll look into Monarch..  Thanks 

Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Upon further investigation, not possible on Samsung. You would need a 32-bit emulator. I Haven't found one compatible with a Samsung phone.
What is the device you were moving from?

0 Likes
userl2tyCRpQqt
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

S23 ultra and Blackview Active 8 pro.  

I did find a bunch of information on a way to add a few programs/apps but the phone as to be rooted. 

Not something I want to do. 

0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yep, once rooted, you won't be able to use Knox, no Knox, no Samsung wallet, no Samsung pass for passwords.