Original topic:

Gallery Icon Missing from Z Fold 4

(Topic created: 09-04-2022 07:38 PM)
BillKard
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hi All,

I just got my new Z Fold 4 today and used Smart Switch to bring everything over from my S20 Ultra. I noticed the Gallery Icon is missing from the App tray and I can't find it in the list of Apps installed.  I did verify it's there by going into settings and looking in the Samsung apps and permissions. And I can open it and run it from there.  Is there any way to get it back and working again in the App Tray?  Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Should be the icon that I know ofScreenshot_20220904_230845_7252_1662347325.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

10 Replies
GaryB82
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
You should have a Samsung folder in the app list open it and drag it were you want it you can all search for it with the search bar and when it finds it long press and select locate app

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
BillKard
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
OK, checking a little more, did the icon change? There's one there that looks like Google Photos. But it's definitely the Samsung Gallery
SuperBoop
Sun
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
That's weird, but I do believe they were planning on updating a few icons.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Thanks for the info I didn't know about the icon change if you could mark the post as solved and like it helps and Thanks for being a Loyal Samsung Customer

0 Likes
Solution
GaryB82
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Should be the icon that I know ofScreenshot_20220904_230845_7252_1662347325.jpg

BillKard
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

No, that's not the icon I have. That icon, the flower in the red oval is displayed when the app is minimized in the background to identify it as Gallery.  Checking on my S20, the icon is missing there and Gallery is represented by some weird gear icon.  SO I guess whatever was going on there was transferred over when I transferred everything.  In any case, Gallery is there and working and I don't care what icon identifies it.  thanks all for your help.

0 Likes
Members_WH7PuYZ
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

This is above-mentioned solution only if what you want is an IMAGE. 

Where's the orange "My Files" application that lets me get to my downloaded text files I sent myself from Microsoft Word???? 

Please don't tell me I have to go to Setting, and scroll through the list of ALL my apps to find it there EVERY time!  I tried to upload it from the Playstore, only to realize it's hidden SOMEWHERE on my dang Z fold 4.  HOW can I get the icon for it on my home screen.

I'm about ready to turn this dang phone back in and get another Google pixel!  I mean really...you thought removing the My Files app was a good idea?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@BillKard Perhaps it is hidden. 

1. Open settings
  2. Click on Home screen
  3. Click on Hide apps on Home and Apps screens
  4. See if the Gallery icon is listed under the Hidden apps. If it is, click the minus sign in upper left of the icon. This will unhide the icon. 
0 Likes
Members_WH7PuYZ
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I don't want the "Gallery" icon, I want the "My Files" app, so I can find the word doc I just sent myself. 😞

0 Likes