JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I silence the scratching sound when using handwriting in Samsung Notes?

(Topic created: 11-30-2022 04:16 AM)
ZeeFoldFour
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

How do I silence the scratching sound when using handwriting in Samsung Notes? I don't have or use the spen, but I looked anyway in those settings and can't find anything there. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thank you for reaching out.  I can certainly understand wanting to turn off the scratching sound when using Handwriting in Samsung Notes on the Z Fold 4. After testing on one of our devices, the only way to turn off this feature is to turn off the system sounds. Please give that a try and let me know if you were able to resolve the symptom.

View solution in context

5 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I'd check in the notification sounds for the Notes app itself and/or the settings in the Notes app. perhaps it's there. (I know the sound isn't a notification, but you never know where Samsung might hide stuff)
ZeeFoldFour
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Good guess, tried and no effect. Thanks for trying to help me
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thank you for reaching out.  I can certainly understand wanting to turn off the scratching sound when using Handwriting in Samsung Notes on the Z Fold 4. After testing on one of our devices, the only way to turn off this feature is to turn off the system sounds. Please give that a try and let me know if you were able to resolve the symptom.

ZeeFoldFour
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yes. That works! Thanks for responding. I'll post your solution on my reddit posting.
0 Likes
ZeeFoldFour
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Other Samsung phones apparently have a MORE SPEN SETTINGS, but my zf4 doesn't. Samsung, please address this issue
0 Likes