JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I add notification sound from previous device to new phone

(Topic created: 08-08-2023 12:31 PM)
usermiPFP9EHnc
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hey all.  Am working on setting up my new Fold 5.  Will take some getting used to, having to give up my Note 8.  Trying to set up my notification sounds and notice that "Dew Drop", which was my go to for just about everything is missing.  Anyone know if somehow I can add it from somewhere?

Thanks!
J.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@usermiPFP9EHnc Oh, yes you can still get that sound. There are a couple ways to achieve this. If you download an app like Zedge, you can search for the sound and it would probably be available to download and use for notification tone. Alternatively, if you can find the sound file somewhere online for the "Dew Drop," then you can just connect your phone to your PC and navigate to >Internal storage>Notifications (or just create one if one doesn't already exist). Any sound file you put into this folder will be available to set as notification alert sounds. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@usermiPFP9EHnc Could you provide a bit more context to the feature you're referring to?

0 Likes
usermiPFP9EHnc
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

If I go into SETTINGS > SOUNDS AND VIBRATION > NOTIFICATION SOUND, and then try to choose a sound, the sound "Dew Drop" is no longer there.  Can this sound be downloaded from somewhere, or can i bring it over from my Note 8?  Apparently it didn't come over when i transferred everything via SmartSwitch.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@usermiPFP9EHnc Oh, yes you can still get that sound. There are a couple ways to achieve this. If you download an app like Zedge, you can search for the sound and it would probably be available to download and use for notification tone. Alternatively, if you can find the sound file somewhere online for the "Dew Drop," then you can just connect your phone to your PC and navigate to >Internal storage>Notifications (or just create one if one doesn't already exist). Any sound file you put into this folder will be available to set as notification alert sounds. 

usermiPFP9EHnc
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thank you!!!  I found it online and put it where you said, and it showed up as a choice!  

VerbumVeritum
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@usermiPFP9EHnc Happy to help! 😃

0 Likes