Original topic:

Is Samsung Care+ worth it

(Topic created: Sunday)
landiecandy
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I just got a flip six and I'm loving it so far. I got the Silver Shadow 512 GB version. It's my second Galaxy device, my first one was the s23 ultra and I prefer this smaller size of the flip six. A few questions...

Is Samsung Care Plus worth it? I'm very careful with my devices but since this is considered a more fragile foldable do most of you guys with flips and Folds opt-in for Samsung Care Plus?
6 Replies
Klarp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I have the care plus since I'm clumsy (been really carefuly with this one) but get a case that covers the hinge
landiecandy
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Good to know, I have a ringke case rn with no hinge cover
0 Likes
Klarp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I think they said if anything happens to the inside screen protector, then they'll do a 1x replacement
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I normally scoff at insurance and such but I got care+ with my flip6 because of the inherent risk that comes with foldables. I'm figuring I'll keep it for a year and take advantage of any free services I can and then reevaluate at that point, see how the device is holding up at that point and go from there.
0 Likes
landiecandy
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Thanks for sharing. This is my first foldable and I wanna see what the community norm is. I definitely think the insurance is a good idea, because I like to enjoy my phone with no case or a minimal case
0 Likes
King_of_The_Cats
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Speaking from experience, as a previous Flip 4 owner now 23 ultra owner.  GET PHONE INSURANCE. Either from Samsung or phone service provider. My flip broke twice on me and both times the inside screen had to replaced.

While I don't know how much is the price now but a flip 4 screen replacement would've cost me $600 out of pocket while with insurance it only cost me $235 and it's a entire phone replacement. So do have switch app there just in case too (Had ATT at the time).

I think there was a change in the cover policy for the Flip 6 but it's better to be safe than sorry 

0 Likes