Original topic:

Predictive text and auto correct - significant errors

(Topic created: Friday)
LW_AZ_Fold
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Does anyone have a solution for the horrible autocorrect and predive text (suggests words that are not real even) on the samsung fold. I have had Notes in the past and did not have these ptoblems. Is it possible that it is even fetting worse the longer I have this phone? I am very much regreting soending a ton of money to get a 1T Fold and be constabtly remindibg of how much of a bad decision it was. Please, can someone help - how do I fix this issue??? I hqve downloaded google keyboard but phone will not let me use it. I do not want to switch phone manufacturers but at this point it seems like it may be the only option because this is rediculously frustrating to just get through even writing this, which more time was spent manually guxing messed up spellings than writing yge whole thing! 

Also, anyone have any ideas of how to get a vettter fit on buds plus pro? I've ordered so many types of tips to try keeping the buds from falling out that ive almost spent as much money on tips that I did on the Buds. Does anyone know of a better option???
betancd
Sun
Options
Try using Gboard instead of Samsung keyboard. It is vastly superior.
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
You can just double tap a misspelled word to place the cursor instead of highlighting it. You can also tap the checkmark on the autocorrect suggestion bar to add a word to dictionary.
user90C385eOuH
Constellation
Options
I kind of see that work, but not always; sometimes it keeps highlighting the whole word, but it's working here! Here, after it worked once now I can click within any word. So weird. But thank you to the OP and your answer, it's so good to find an actual answer to the actual question i had!
0 Likes
jbjbjbjbjb
Asteroid
Options
Mine will change a word that I typed correctly to a word I have probably never typed before in my life (and capitalize it?!?!) and when I click on it to change it back, it will not give me the option to change it back. And more often than not, it will highlight the words surrounding it and suggest I either add a comma in the middle for no apparent reason, or delete all three words!!
0 Likes
frustrated77
Constellation
Options
I'm with you. autocorrect is a complete nightmare on this Samsung and will never buy another
0 Likes
nickname0977
Asteroid
Options
Why **bleep** does this thing think have the right to change my word when put in how what it
joeschmo19
Galaxy
Options
I don't understand what you are mad at. Can you explain your issue a little more?
0 Likes
nickname0977
Asteroid
Options
I type in a word and they change what I write.
0 Likes
che5
Constellation
Options
What the royal h happened to this keyboard? Predictive text refuses words, random backspacing your whole paragraph, changing actual words to other words, stop doing things. Example: using predictive type for "is" its, 'I'd, if odd, oddly.' Try to write "this" it changes to "thus" despite the fact I've erased that word from text because it won't stop. 
DickWheawill
Galaxy
Options
I assume you are using the Samsung default keyboard? Have you tried setting the keyboard back to the default settings in options to see if some obscure setting has affected the keyboard? You might try clearing the cached data. Have you thought about using a third party keyboard? I've never really like the Samsung keyboard although many do. I prefer either GBOARD or Microsoft Swiftkey. Good luck