Original topic:

Message delivered and read notifications

(Topic created: yesterday)
userbU7q5molAC
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Before this last update I was able to see people typing, the sent, delivered and read status in messages and now it will not show up. I've set it to show, but it still won't. Any known fixes?
0 Likes
8 Replies
bellam035
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hi! Go to settings in Samsung Messages and click "Chat settings." Make sure "Share typing indications" is turned on.

You can change the option of read confirmation on each separate conversation. Simply open a conversation in the app, click the three dots in the top right corner, and click "Send read confirmation."

userbU7q5molAC
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Those settings were not there but I found them in advanced settings . They're marked to allow, but it still does not work.
0 Likes
MrXGeekX
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
If you're unable to see typing indicators or sent, delivered, and read statuses in Samsung Messages after a recent update, try checking that the settings for these features are enabled, clearing the app's cache, updating your carrier services, and restarting your phone. Ensure Samsung Messages has all necessary permissions
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I bet it was removed in the last update!
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
If you don't see any of those features when you go into settings, your carrier took them away in the last update.

Who is your carrier ?

You would need to contact them, RCS chat enhanced features are provided by your carrier.
0 Likes
Ronsolo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Even with unlocked devices on Samsung Messages?
0 Likes
userbU7q5molAC
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I see the settings under advanced. They are marked to allow these things but it Stull does not show sent delivered read or typing
0 Likes
userbU7q5molAC
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
My carrier is att. They are there and allowed, but not working
0 Likes