JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Migrate Edge Panels from S8+ to Z Fold4

(Topic created: 10-02-2022 07:26 AM)
ProudLiberal
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Is it possible to migrate the 3rd party Edge Panels from an S8 to a Z Fold4 using a cable? (inquiring minds want to know)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@ProudLiberal No. There are only a few Edge panels available on the Fold. I'm hoping that Samsung will make more available in the future. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@ProudLiberal No. There are only a few Edge panels available on the Fold. I'm hoping that Samsung will make more available in the future. 

ProudLiberal
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

What's puzzling is that the Galaxy Fold4 cannot even "see" the 3rd party Edge panels available in the Galaxy store that are visible when accessed using a Galaxy S8+.  If it's some sort of compatibility issue, I would think that would show up in the 3rd party panel description and not be hidden.  Very frustrating to spend $2,000 on a new phone and have to give up some extremely functional features that I've been using for 5 years.  Hard to call this an upgrade on all counts.  But this is probably not the place to voice my complaints.

LongHiker
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@ProudLiberal Yeah, it's frustrating but it was also the situation on previous Fold models. 

0 Likes