JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Overheating and Gray Screen After 9/24 Update

(Topic created: a month ago)
Ogman
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I installed the September 2024 security update on my Z Flip 6 and almost immediately the screen overheated and the phone's display became dim and gray. Trying to change the brightness did nothing. The upper half of the phone remained very hot until I shut it down. I'm not the only person with a similar issue, but the mods are closing the threads very quickly.

Each new flip phone gets a little worse. Support also continues to deteriorate. Blaming the customer is apparently Samsung's go to move these days. Moto is looking better all the time.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello, there. I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble with your device! A software update should not cause these types of symptoms to appear, It could be an underlying hardware issue at play here. I would recommend reaching out to a service technician to evaluate your device. You can set up the service by visiting: HTTP://www.samsung.com/us/support/service 

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello, there. I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble with your device! A software update should not cause these types of symptoms to appear, It could be an underlying hardware issue at play here. I would recommend reaching out to a service technician to evaluate your device. You can set up the service by visiting: HTTP://www.samsung.com/us/support/service 

0 Likes