Original topic:

Please Enable Wifi 7 on the Fold 5 and S23 (Yes the hardware is there)

(Topic created: 04-22-2024 05:50 PM)
MadHatter01
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The Fold 5 comes with the Qualcomm Fastconnect 7800. As per Samsung and Qualcomm the Fold 5's hardware supports Wifi 7. Please Enable it since Wifi 7 is now certified.

I have an Asus Wifi 7 router and would like to be able to use it. Also EVERYONE here is having issues with the 6ghz band. I have to be 5-10 feet in front of the router, disable wifi multiple times to get 6E to show and connect. Before you ask I have the 6ghz issue at work and a regular Wifi 6E router at home for testing. It still won't connect to 6ghz. I have factory reset, you name it, Wifi sucks on this phone. Hopefully newer Wifi 7 drivers fix it. Thanks.

Proof of Wifi 7

tresnugget
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I second this. It's crazy that the hardware is there and there's no firmware support.
CaptainAmerica5
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Please Samsung enable Wi-Fi 7 on the s23 ultra.
Agent008
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
how about for the s23+ ?!?
0 Likes
wellcomekit
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Fold 5  waiting for wifi 7~

LucasNYC
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Mid September of 2024 and Wifi 7 is still not enabled on S23U.
mobleyMobley
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Need wifi7
0 Likes
Macsfold5
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
My wi fi nor my Bluetooth have worked since the latest update factory reset and everything no luck plz help
0 Likes
speedy09
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I've been a die-hard Samsung fan for their phones since the Note 2 looks like I'm switching to the OnePlus open 2 when it comes out . When I bought this Samsung z fold 5 it was supposed to been with Wi-Fi 7 but they disabled it and now they forced me to take the Galaxy AI which I don't want and there's no way to uninstall it that's the only reason why I traded in my special phone I had I had the Samsung Galaxy Ultra 21 with 5G and it was 10 times faster than this phone and better it would boot up in less than 3 seconds this one you got to hold the button for 10 seconds just to turn on the screen when you shut it off and it takes forever to load and I have more stuff on my S21 Ultra then I have on this phone even my S21 Ultra was faster than my wife's s23 Ultra
GreyShowsOfficial
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Samsung has gone downhill BAD. They also took away external storage by SD Card to force their customers to pay for cloud storage and it's sad quite frankly. Let's not get started on how they continue to push off the beta updates. I swear it's going to be 2 years before we get the next major update, even the beta..
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Paying for cloud isn't good at all, I get 2TB with Google for free but I wouldn't pay for it