Original topic:

Please Enable Wifi 7 on the Fold 5 and S23 (Yes the hardware is there)

(Topic created: 08-25-2024 02:22 AM)
MadHatter01
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The Fold 5 comes with the Qualcomm Fastconnect 7800. As per Samsung and Qualcomm the Fold 5's hardware supports Wifi 7. Please Enable it since Wifi 7 is now certified.

I have an Asus Wifi 7 router and would like to be able to use it. Also EVERYONE here is having issues with the 6ghz band. I have to be 5-10 feet in front of the router, disable wifi multiple times to get 6E to show and connect. Before you ask I have the 6ghz issue at work and a regular Wifi 6E router at home for testing. It still won't connect to 6ghz. I have factory reset, you name it, Wifi sucks on this phone. Hopefully newer Wifi 7 drivers fix it. Thanks.

Proof of Wifi 7

23 Replies
Fold & Flip Phones
My S23U gets along smashingly with my Asus WiFi 6 router.
0 Likes
MadHatter01
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I have an Asus ROG Rapture GT-BE98 Pro Wifi 7 router. Either way the phone comes with a Wifi 7 card that's one of the reasons I bought this phone. With my laptop that has a BE200 Wifi 7 I am getting 1.8gbps symmetrical.

If I am in my bedroom, about 25 feet from the laptop gets that speed and is on 6ghz. My phone gets 200mbps. If I disabled wifi and re enabled it I get 1.2gbps. I should not have to do that multiple times a day.
MadHatter01
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Well I give up. Samsung the Fold 5 is **bleep**. Wifi sucks, battery suck and camera sucks. I am back to the Ultra's. The S24 Ultra will be here tomorrow.

The battery is by far the worst. I have to change 2 full times a day. Today I got 1 hour screen on time and 30 minutes Android Auto drive and I am down to 37%. Screen on time was sending a few texts and emails.
0 Likes
LewAdvSol
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I agree, why charge us for the hardware but not provide the functionality...
GG_Friendly
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

To quote Bruce Almighty “All this horsepower and nowhere to go”

0 Likes
LewAdvSol
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Ive accepted that i bought a toy with the fold5 and not a work horse like my old note 20 ultra
SolidSnakeNERF
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Amen to tha right there 🤦
0 Likes
phsacar
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@ Samsung: Are there any plans on supporting and enabling WiFi 7 in these phones ? Currently thinking about buying a Fold 5

SolidSnakeNERF
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
What's crazy is a got Tab S9 Ultra(16G RAM version) from Samsung & an S24 Ultra from T-Mobile in June and the option to "Enable Wi-Fi 7 mode" is in the wifi developer options accessed through "intelligent wi-fi" in the settings of the actual wi-fi interface, Don't even have to go into main "developer mode" to find it any longer. It's still not actually connected to multilink Wi-Fi settings although and I do diagnostics or network tests either on the tab S9 Ultra or on my Verizon app as they are the ISP that I have my 2gig plan with! And have also done it on my network settings.com which is the website on the back of the actual router. I remember for my s22 I had to go into that website and enable ipv6 for it to work. So I guess even though we just started with this plan from Verizon, these still almost new routers we have (I always get at least 2 no matter what) don't seem to have the option for 7. I'm seeing people all over the place I'm ready comments on YouTube even on Discord on a channel for a game I've been playing for a few years and I like very top of the world leaderboard that it's all just in marketing scheme just like everything else and nobody needs it it's not even going to work right at first and blah blah blah blah. It's not like anytime before this is completely different as it will allow us to use the best of both worlds by connecting to two or three bands at the same time. I mean, how could that NOT solve almost all issues people tend to have when relying on networks stability and/or speed?! I think they're all this money grubbing companies like Verizon and everybody all the way down to whatever third party manufacturer they use for the routers and any other Hardware fiber optics and everything, they're just all doing what they always do and they're upset at how quickly the Wi-Fi Alliance has been moving these days. Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 7 were released so much quicker relatively speaking than any of the upgrades we have previously it seems like I don't know I could be wrong about that but most people I talk to say to me "what is 6 GHz what are you talking about?" And I'm there trying to talk about Wi-Fi 7 there's still a whole step behind the rest of us and it seems to be a lot of people. So I think they're trying to make as much as they can with what's already out there so they're not pressured to develop their next generation of product prematurely (at least what THEY would personally consider to be premature that is lol). I'm sure there's much much more I don't know about either, and I regularly actively hunt for such info as I am addicted to gaming since I got my first O.G. Gameboy almost 30 years ago and everything got worse once I started using wifi 6E
0 Likes